If eyes are windows to the soul, then you’ll understand where this Western screech owl got his name. Zeus the blind owl became very popular because his eyes look very similar to the galaxy.
1. Meet Zeus the blind owl.
2. He was given the name “Zeus” after the Greek god of sky and thunder because of his stunning eyes.
3. He was found at a home in California in 2012.
7. When the homeowners found Zeus on the front porch, they realized he was injured and so they brought him to the vet.
9. The vet informed them that the reason for the accident was because he flew into a wall.
10. The vet realized the cause of the accident was because of his blindness.
11. And that’s why the owl’s eyes are so unique. They look like the galaxy.
12. The Wildlife Learning Center in Sylmar, California took the Western screech owl to care for the bird where he now has a permanent residence.
14. The wildlife center decided not to release him back into nature because he would be unable to survive in the wild due to his blindness.
15. His favorite place to hang out is in a trunk on the filing cabinet next to the Wildlife Learning Center founders desk, Paul Hahn.
16. Just look at those eyes.
20. I could get lost in those eyes.
Zeus loves to be near people and you can visit him and see his eyes for yourself.
You can check out more pictures and learn more about Zeus the blind owl on their Instagram page or on the website of the Wildlife Learning Center.