One day, after a long, hard weekend of generous amounts of consumption, my travel companions decided to explore a beautiful little town that we were passing through. As I was a little more than under the weather, I kicked my legs up between my handlebars for a little nap while they explored. I awoke several times to cries of children whose parents thought that a passed out biker would be a good photographic backdrop. I still get razzed to this day about the bus full of tourists that had to have snapped several thousand photos. My friends had to fight their way through the crowd to get back to the bikes. They woke me, laughing hysterically, and we continued our journey home. I tell you this, for no reason other than to inform you that I have empathy for the folks in the next 20 photos. Whether you’re suffering from exhaustion from excessive work or poor sleeping habits, the fact remains, sometimes you have to catch a nap wherever you can. The following photos illustrate people who have expertly taken napping to the next level. And for that, I feel they should be applauded.
1. Cheetos Pyramid: I think you’re pretty disturbed if you fall asleep with a knife in your hand. But hey, his brave friends took the opportunity to make a pyramid out of Cheetos and turn it into an excellent photo opportunity.
2. Construction Fence Hammock: This guy’s a genius! If I was his boss, I wouldn’t even be mad. He’d be getting a promotion to engineer.
3. Don’t Pass Out At The Petting Zoo: This lady is going to wake up in a different city, confused as to how she became part of the attraction.
4. Fell Asleep Studying: Seems like a good time for some photographic evidence for future shaming!
5. Grandma Sleeping On The Beach At Low Tide: Looks like Grandma slept through the tide coming in. Sad to think that none of the family was worried about her drowning and just left her out there.
6. Kid Crashed On The Crapper: Mom said to go potty before bed. This kid is on his way to becoming a professional multi-tasker!
7. The Library Is The Only Quiet Place I Could Find: I told you to get your own place off campus.
8. Napping In Class: You know, if we lay on the floor, the professor can’t see us sleeping in class.
9. Sleeping On The Job: What’s going on here, Comcast guy? You show up two hours late and somehow need a nap?
10. Sleeping Or Saving Seats: I’m not quite sure. But at least this guy had the foresight to make sure the pole was behind him to prevent accidentally falling out of the seat.
11. Sleeping Through Becoming A Shelf: Let’s take the concept of Jenga and do it in reverse. I wonder what finally woke this girl?
12. Sleeping Through Your Rescue: You know, just taking a nap waiting for the fireman to come rescue me. No big deal.
13. Sleepy Bus Driver: I don’t spend a lot of time on the bus, but I would imagine there are seats with padding on them somewhere. Maybe this guy just prefers the dash.
14. Slid Out Of The Seat: Such a good sleeper. This guy slides right out of the seat and doesn’t miss a wink.
15. Caught Sniffing The Pole: I thought this was only a problem in the gentleman’s club. Apparently it’s a problem on the buses as well. Who knew?
16. Squats In Your Sleep: I hope this guy ate his banana before bedtime, or he’s going to wake up with some serious cramps.
17. Suckered Into Being A Pillow: Sure bro, you can use my hood as a sleeping mask.
18. Suspended In A Chair: Tetris has not failed this fella. Looking at these chairs, there’s no way they could be comfortable enough to sleep in. Where there’s a will, there’s a way.
19. This Party Sucks: There’s no hot girls here. I’m bored. Screw it, just wake me when you’re ready to leave. Listen dude. Nobody likes a party pooper.
20. Toddler Falls Asleep Standing Up: You’ve seen how much energy these kids have. I mean, you want to bottle that stuff. But, when it’s gone, it’s really gone!
Let this serve as a lesson to you all… Get plenty of sleep in appropriate areas so you’re not caught sawing logs and blasted all over the internet, unless you’re okay with the potentially unwanted attention. Eventually the photos of me sleeping off a great weekend on the bike are going to surface. I’m sure I’ll be able to just laugh it off. But for those of you that prefer to keep sleepy time a more private matter, do it in an appropriate area far away from those voyeurs with anxious shutter fingers.