It seems like no matter what I do, my house is always messy and cluttered. I know a big culprit of this is that we just have too much stuff. While I have been working away at de-cluttering and organizing every room in the house, it’s always nice when you come across storage DIY hacks that will help make your house feel less full. When I was younger, it was all about the material items in my home. Now that I’m a little older, I want less stuff and more time. It’s funny how things tend to change as you get older, no matter how many times you tell yourself you’ll always be that cooler hip version of your younger self. By de-cluttering and organizing though, you will find hidden treasures that you pretty much forgot about over the years and can’t bring yourself to throw away. That’s where these awesome storage DIY hacks come in handy. They’ll help you get organized without having to throw away all of your possessions.
1. Bobby Pin Magnet – I am constantly finding bobby pins throughout my house, especially buried deep in the fabric. Get them organized by attaching a magnetic string in your bathroom where you know they belong. Stick them on there and you’ll always know where they are.
2. Pots And Pan Lids – Use a towel rack attached to the inside of a kitchen cabinet to hang up pots and pan lids. This will free up cabinet space along with keeping them organized so you know exactly where the lid you need is.
3. Grocery Bag Holder – Inside of a kitchen cabinet, attach an empty tissue box. Then you can stuff it with empty grocery bags rather than throwing them away, and they won’t take up a ton of space.
4. Tension Rod Under The Sink – By hanging a tension rod under your sink, you can hang all of your spray bottles that contain household cleaners. This frees up space on the bottom of the cabinet.
5. Hanging Suitcases – Hang up suitcases in your storage areas to free up more space on the ground. You’ll also never be searching for your favorite suitcase before you go on vacation.
6. Crown Molding Shoe Hanger – For all those ladies that have a ton of high heel shoes, this is a great way to hang up all of those shoes and have them on display so you never have to dig through your shoes to find the other pair.
7. Bathroom Organizer – I hate having my hair straightener and blow dryer on the counter, but with this easy fix, they are on display and out of the way.
8. Pull-Out Cutting Board – If you have a little bit of space in your kitchen, a pull out cutting board is a great way to use this space. It is out-of-the-way when you don’t need it, and is in the perfect spot for when you do need it.
9. Lazy Susan For Pots And Pans – A Lazy Susan is great for pots and pans. Rather than them taking up a ton of space in a cabinet, install a Lazy Susan in a corner cabinet, making it easy to spin it around to find that much-needed pan.
10. Paper Towel Holder – If you have a spare drawer that you’re not using, but have a ton of stuff on your counter tops, install this paper towel holder!
11. Measuring Cup Door – I absolutely love this idea. As someone who cooks a ton, I am always having to go online to see what the conversions of different cups are. I will definitely be adding this one to my kitchen.
12. Magnetic Spice Rack – This is such an easy way to organize your spices. Hang your most used spices up on the fridge using magnetic holders. They’re cute, easily accessible, and can be found for very cheap.
13. Bamboo Knife Holder – If you have a cute vase, along with some bamboo skewers, you can make this cute and natural looking knife holder.
14. Kitchen Vertical Organizer – By organizing your kitchen vertically, you will free up some much-needed counter space. With this you’ll need laminated fabric along with a cork board. Then you can attach empty shampoo and soap bottles for little cubby holes. You can find the entire DIY project HERE.
15. Pegboard Jewelry Organizer – Take a pegboard and cut it down to whatever size you need. Then you can paint it or leave it plain, attached hooks for the jewelry, and you’ve got a super cute jewelry organizer.
16. Hanging Hangers – This may seem like an odd organizational tip, but if you are always in a hurry in the morning, getting your clothes ready the night before is a huge time saver. You can hang these hangers from a wall or ceiling and it’ll ensure your clothes don’t get wrinkly.
17. Kitchen Food Dispensers – If your pantry is overflowing, and you have a few staple items that you constantly use, hanging up food dispensers is a great way to free up some space while keeping these staple items handy.
18. Built In Dish Rack – This is a great idea if you want to de-clutter your house and have a spare cabinet over the sink. If you put the racks on shelves that pull out, you’ll never have your dirty/clean dishes too far out of reach.
19. Over The Sink Cutting Board – If you love to cook, you know it’s a pain to wash your food, cut it up, carry the scraps to the garbage, etc. With this over the counter cutting board, you can do all of that right in one spot. If you cut a hole in the cutting board and turn it into a small garbage can, or even a strainer you’ll cut down on your food prep even more!
20. Hanging Chip Hooks – These hooks can be found at most big box stores, but they’ll help free up space in your pantry and it’ll also keep these chips very fresh.
21. Bungee Cord Organizational Shelf – By attaching bungee cords a piece of wood, then hanging it from the wall, you can keep wires, sunglasses, headphones, and more organized and tangle free.
I am absolutely adding that measuring cup door to my spice cupboard this weekend. No more using the internet to find out such simple answers! Staying organized can be the key to your sanity. If you’re anything like me, once something is no longer organized, your life goes haywire. Luckily we are here to help you out with these awesome storage DIY hacks. Which one was your favorite?