Celebrities can get a pretty bad rap in our culture today. While many people today absolutely worship them, many of us have also grown to despise the excess and vanity that many of them symbolize. We really do have to remember that they are just people at heart, and that money and fame doesn’t corrupt everyone and turn them into terrible people. Many charitable celebrities really do go out of their way to make their fans happy and to just help out random people. Some of these acts of kindness are towards their fans, whether it be an autograph or sticking around for a picture. Others however are much more substantial, like paying for someone’s medical bills. No matter what it is however, it’s always nice when the people we look up to and idolize take the time to recognize the people who put them in the place they are.
1. Bon Jovi seems to write a lot of songs about the downtrodden and road wanderers, so it’s not as much of a surprise he would sympathize with people who just might need a little help every now and then.
2. We all know about Tupac, the Gangsta Rap King. Not many people know that he was also extremely active in giving back to his community.
3. Tom Hanks is one of my favorite actors, so I really wouldn’t expect anything less from him than this.
4. Manson is a definitely a controversial figure, but what he did for this young man is truly commendable.
5. We all know George Takei, we all love George Takei. I think I like him even more now though.
6. That is A LOT of cash to give away! Not like he couldn’t afford it with how well The Matrix Trilogy did in theaters though, right?
7. This isn’t just one-act of kindness. John Cena has made 400 kid’s dreams come true. That’s pretty damn commendable.
8. J.K. Rowling has always had a very special connection with her fans, but this is pretty special. Terribly sad that this little girl didn’t live to see the ending .
9. Say what you want about Lebron, but this is pretty freaking awesome.
10. Brand is very outspoken of how we treat each other as humans. Apparently he practices what he preaches.
11. Can Daniel Radcliffe do any wrong?
12. I have always heard that Dave Chappelle is one of the most down to earth comedians out there, but this is pretty awesome!
13. Dave Grohl has pulled people up on stage to play with the Foo Fighters, so is it really a surprise he would do something like this for two fans who could possibly have died and all they wanted was to hear their music?
14. You could say these two have a history. It’s always nice to see celebrities remember the people they knew before they achieved their fame.
15. Johnny Depp has been known for his charity work in the past, but I had no idea he traveled with his Captain Jack costume just in case he felt like making an impromptu trip to a children’s hospital.
16. Tom Cruise definitely gets a bad rap in the media, but this is going above and beyond for someone in need.
17. So you’re saying if I dress up like Harry Potter and walk around downtown New York on Halloween I’ll get to meet Emma Watson?
Seeing celebrities show their appreciation to their fans is always something that makes me smile. I mean we are the ones who give these people their wealth and elevated status in society. We tend to only look at the negative that comes from being a celebrity. We are bombarded by scandals and everything else you can think of on the news every night. These celebrities show us however that you don’t have to change the human part of you when you receive the elevated status that these people do.