I have to admit that I am a fan of the selfie. However, I very rarely post my selfies online. I usually take them to see how my makeup looks before going out because I don’t trust mirrors. However, I definitely am not a fan of ALL selfies. I believe the duck face has run its course and please, no more selfies in the bathroom! And even though the selfie is a great way to capture a picture that includes the picture taker, there is a time and a place for them and these 23 people were taking them at the wrong time and the wrong place!
1. The old man’s face says it all! Why is this kid taking a picture of himself in the bathroom? I wonder if they know each other?
2. At least his face is expressing his feelings while at a funeral. But probably not the best place to pose for the camera, even if you can capture shock and dismay in the same selfie
3. Yup. No one cares that you are drinking a Rockstar energy drink, however that is the face I made last time I tasted one too. Also, someone needs to take the trash out.
4. Now this is just kind of sad. No one should celebrate with cake by themselves. Next time she should order takeout and celebrate at home where she can indulge in her loneliness in private.
5. Now this selfie is kind of funny. If you are going to interrupt a professional sporting event, then you ought to take a picture to capture the moment from your point of view!
6. Next time you admire yourself in the mirror and capture your moment with a selfie, you should make sure that mirror isn’t really a window first.
7. So many things going on here! This moment was SCREAMING for a selfie! I wonder who the lucky girl (or boy) is who received such a sexy picture!
8. This wouldn’t be a terrible picture, despite being in a bathroom (at least the toilet isn’t in the background) if not for who is taking the picture. “Thanks Mom!”
9. I’m so glad he included himself in this picture so that we could see he disapproves of the promiscuity of these dogs.To think it might have just been a picture of two dogs getting it on and we would have never known how he felt about it.
10. Nicolas Cage isn’t looking too hot. There should be a rule that you can only post a picture if everyone looks good in it, but then we would have never have believed she ran into a movie star on her flight!
11. I bet their mothers are so proud! Definitely something you want to brag about on Facebook!
12. I bet the home owner is so happy they were able to provide this firefighter with a fitting background for this selfie!
13. If the oxygen masks dropped down while I was on a flight, the last thing on my mind would be to take a selfie! However, if they can’t find the black box in the plane to find out what happened, hopefully the phone will survive the crash so their family will know they died happy!
14. Yeah, probably not the right time to get a selfie. Let’s hope the jumper couldn’t see that she wanted in on his moment.
15. Pregnant selfie.
16. PLEASE, someone just ask her what’s wrong already!
17. I wonder if he was pulled over for texting while driving?
18. #byegrandma #missyou #ourlastselfietogether
19. I bet this selfie is not going to get him any extra credit when his teacher finds out he posted this.
20. The doctor looks confused about what is going on. Are you sure you want him operating on you? Or does he get points for being the only one who thinks this is weird?
21. And this is why an 11-year-old shouldn’t have cell phones or Facebook/Instagram/Twitter, etc.
22. She says it’s not a good look and that she hates herself, but the fact that she took a selfie and posted it online tells a different story.
23. Getting hit by a train will be so worth the epic selfie!
I hope that we can all learn from these people what not to do when taking a picture of ourselves. Remember that there is a time and a place, and please remember that just because you took the picture, it doesn’t mean that you HAVE to share it with the world on social media! Be judicious in what you think we want to see!