Rowdy Ronda Rousey has been called the toughest woman on the planet. Maxim has her listed as number 42 on the Hot 100 List, just ahead of Kate Beckinsale. With her love of Pokemon and Dragonball Z, there’s not a nerd on the planet that isn’t lusting over this insatiable bad ass, myself included! So, what I thought would be a good idea would be to compile a bunch of facts and photos of this amazing superstar so that we all might be able to feel like we know her a little better. There’s got to be more to her than just the brutality in the ring!
1. Total Domination: Rowdy Ronda Rousey’s time in the UFC has absolutely been the most dominant that the brutal sport has ever seen! Proving that there’s not a woman in the UFC that can challenge her, she has never even been in danger of losing one of her fights!
2. Modern Day Mike Tyson: Often compared to Mike Tyson of the 1990’s, Rousey’s command of the sport allows her to finish the fights extremely quickly! Some spectators may view this as a poor show, but most cannot wait to see how quickly she unleashes the beast.
3. WrestleMania 31: At the climax of WrestleMania 31, after The Rock is taunted by Stephanie McMahon about how he wouldn’t dare hit a woman, he spots Rousey in the crowd. Rowdy Ronda Rousey uses her Judo skills to remove Triple-H and Stephanie from the ring in what most definitely foreshadows her possible migration into the world of professional wrestling.
4. ESPY For Best Fighter: In a knockout of an acceptance speech, Ronda verbally beats down Floyd Mayweather by saying, “I can’t help but really say that I wonder how Floyd feels being beat by a woman for once. I’d like to see you pretend to not know who I am now.” I think that’s the moment most of the world fell in love with this woman!
5. Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition: In 2015, Ronda Rousey blessed us with her appearance when she became the first MMA fighter to become a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model.
6. Strong And Healthy Is The New Sexy: She said it, but the photos and video will convince you that it’s true!
7. A Total Of 12 Professional Fights: No one’s been able to push her limits. In her 12 professional fights, only Miesha Tate has been able to even take her to the second round.
8. Rousey On Tinder: You wouldn’t think that one of the most beautiful women in the world would have a hard time finding a date, but she actually tried Tinder. Rousey tried to be smart by using an alias, but her fame prevented her from escaping the lime light for long enough to find a date.
9. Just 14 Seconds: The UFC record for the fastest submission belongs to this powerful woman. Her quickest bouts to date were her 14 second win via arm bar over Cat Zingano, and her 16 second TKO of Alexis Davis. Thirty seconds for two fights? Holy crap!
10. Entourage: Ronda Rousey was written into the series Entourage, where she played herself in the prominent role.
11. The President Says: Dana White, the President of UFC, admits that Rousey is the biggest star that UFC has ever had.
12. The Arm Collector: On The Tonight Show, Jimmy Fallon made the mistake of asking Rousey for an exhibition of her signature submission hold, and she was willing to oblige. Poor Jimmy was obviously scared. Judging from the quivering of his voice, I’d say that he’s probably never had a guest force his face to the desk.
13. First Female In The UFC: Rousey was awarded the inaugural women’s bantamweight championship when she became the first female fighter to sign with UFC. Her popularity and ability to remain undefeated proves that this was a wise decision.
14. Rousey As An Author: My Fight / Your Fight is an autobiography illustrating the professional and personal highs and lows of this amazing woman.
15. Queen Of The Arm Bar: At a young age, Rousey’s mother would wake her with arm bars. This brutal submission is now her signature move and has been the deciding factor in 9 of her 12 professional fights.
16. 2004 Olympics: Amazingly, after only six years of Judo training, Ronda qualified and competed in the 2004 Olympics. Quite an amazing feat for a 17 year old!
17. 2008 Olympic Medalist: The 2008 Beijing Olympic Games marked the second time that Ronda Rousey would appear in the Olympics. This time she would bring home a bronze medal and earn herself the accolades of being the first American woman to medal in the sport of Judo.
18. Kick Ass Swimmer: Rousey’s first passion was swimming. I can’t imagine the world of MMA without Ronda Rousey, so it’s hard to think of what would happen if she stuck with her first passion.
19. Already A Movie Deal: With her autobiography making the New York Times Bestseller List, Paramount Pictures has secured the rights for the film adaptation. Can you guess who will be playing Rousey? She will! I mean, how could you possibly expect anyone else to fill those shoes?
20. World Judo Championship: AnnMaria De Mars, Ronda’s mother, was the very first American to come out on top of the World Judo Championships. This fact’s not really about Ronda, but it’s good to know where she got some of her skills!
21. A Born Fighter: Ronda was unfortunately born with her umbilical chord wrapped around her throat. This caused complications that prevented her from speaking anything but gibberish until she was 6 years old. I guess you can say she really came out fighting, and as she’s proved she always does, she came out on top!
22. A Fight You Can’t Win: Ronda’s father lost a battle with depression and unfortunately took his life. This is something that no 8 year old should ever have to endure, but she’s a fighter and strong in ways you probably can’t even imagine.
23. Go For Gold: Ronda considered going for gold at the 2012 Olympics, but decided to make the switch to MMA instead.
24. MMA First Timer: In 201, she competed in her first MMA match. This match only lasted 23 seconds and resulted in a win by Rousey by way of an arm bar submission.
25. Never Say Never: UFC President Dana White said that women would, “NEVER” fight in the UFC. It only took two years for him to see the error of his ways. Mostly thanks to Rousey, Dana White now welcomes women in the UFC.
26. Tate Won’t Quit: Miesha Tate may be the only woman to make it to the second round with Rousey, but when is enough enough? She’s already lost to Rousey twice and there are talks of a third fight.
27. Poor Sport Or Bitter Rivalry: Coming from Ronda Rousey, poor sportsmanship would be very out of character. Talking smack sells fights and any fighter knows how to ham it up a bit. Whatever happened between Rousey and Tate is beyond that, to the extent that Rousey refused to shake Tate’s hand after their last match.
28. New Tricks: Ronda Rousey is constantly improving and adding techniques to her arsenal. She’s becoming one hell of a striker, with three of her last four fights resulting in a knockout rather than the traditional arm bar.
29. Quick Knock Out: Her first knockout took 66 seconds. Her second was only a 16 second match and the third took 34 seconds, just over twice as long. It’s easy to see why people believe she’s the most dangerous woman on the planet. You’d be hard pressed to find guys that think they can fight, that have knocked out 3 opponents in less than two minutes.
30. I Wanna Be Like Mike: Mike Tyson had a legendary fight with Michael Spinks that resulted in a KO in just 91 seconds. Not to take anything away from ‘Iron Mike’, but 10 out of 12 of Rousey’s professional matches have taken less time to win.
31. You Wouldn’t Last 30 Seconds: That’s not a stretch of the truth. Four Rousey matches have been won in less than 30 seconds. The most recent match with Bethe Correia barely missed the mark. That match took 34 seconds.
32. Roid Rage: After a positive drug test in 2011, Cris Justino opened the doors to ridicule and trash talk. Rousey has been urging Justino to stop being so, “pumped full of steroids” and lose some weight so they can fight! To me, it kind of sounds like Cyborg’s being called a strung out fatty. By the looks of that woman though, those words would never come out of my mouth!
33. Dream Match: The steroid taunting aside, Cris ‘Cyborg’ Justino is Rousey’s current dream match. Rousey’s just hoping that Cyborg will cut the 10 pounds to be able to fight in the same weight class.
34. Rowdy Ronda Rousey: Ronda searched out and received Rowdy Roddy Piper’s blessing to use his nickname as her own. The two had become friends and admirers of one another. Rowdy Roddy Piper passed away on July 31, 2015, and Rowdy Ronda’s fight the next day was dedicated to his memory.
More from BuzzNick:
- 38 Illegal Photos Smuggled Out Of North Korea That Got A Photographer Banned From The Country
- Someone Is Putting Out The Funniest Signs In Colorado, And The Puns Are Amazing (36 Pics)
- Guy With No Experience Builds Outdoor Kitchen That Would Make Any Neighbor Jealous
- Man Chooses To Live On $5,000 A Year In A Hobbit Hole
- Apparently, All Jeeps Have Hidden ‘Easter Eggs’ On Them And Here Are 26 Of The Best Ones
35. Feature Films: This woman makes everything she does look easy. She’s already starred in the feature films Furious 7 and The Expendables 3, and has expressed interest in doing more films. With the caliber of her performances to date, I’m excited to see more in the future.
36. Third Movie In The Works: While constantly in the midst of a grueling training schedule and fight preparations, Rousey’s still found time to pursue an acting career. Her third appearance in a feature film, Mark Wahlber’s Mile 22 is currently in production.
37. Snappers McCreepy: All of you that appreciated ESPN’s 2012 Body Issue can thank her creepy ex-boyfriend. He’d apparently take nudes without permission. When asked to participate in the Body Issue, she figured it would be better to do it of her own accord where she could make sure they were done tastefully rather than letting the slime ball ex sell his photos to the tabloids.
38. Walking Weight: In 2015, Rousey posed for Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition. She refused to diet for the photo shoot so the world could see her as she is. Strong and healthy is the new sexy!
39. Tribute: Rousey’s fame and beauty have inspired beautiful fan art like this painting.
40. Digital Tribute: Her inspiration has also reached people whose talents lie not in in the oils and brush, but in their manipulation of a digital media. This photoshopped image also serves as a tribute to the Queen of the Arm Bar.
On top of all of this other information, Ronda Rousey is most definitely NOT a “do-nothing bitch.”
More Info: CBS Sports
And there you have it! Everything you could ever want to know about one of the most beautiful and definitely the most bad ass chicks on the planet! She’s on an unobtainable pedestal being a super cool chick that could easily serve as arm candy, but she’s too smart for that and she can kick your butt to keep you in line! Sounds like the perfect woman to me!