When you think of rock and roll, what do you really think of? Do you think about the glitz, the glamour, the money and fame? Or do you think of the dark side that includes drugs, struggling to make money while on tour, sleeping in your car, hoping you make enough for gas money to get to the next show? Regardless of what you think of when you think of rock and roll, it’s not always what it’s hyped up to be. I’ve known a few musicians over the course of my life, and I can definitely say it’s not all that great all the time, although there are definitely perks that come along with the job. Check out these 29 rock and roll facts that you may not have known already.
1. I really loved this song when it was released, although it was probably the 1993 version. I even had it on a tape single.
2. I wonder how many other bands have done this in the past.
3. Elston Gunn is a pretty awesome name too.
4. This drummer is a little more nerdy than I thought.
5. Jack of all trades. See what I did there.
6. You never know where the next inspiration is going to come from.
7. I didn’t know this.
8. Well, that’s impressive!
9. I had no idea.
10. Growing up in the 1990s, I was a huge Nine Inch Nails fan.
11. I wonder how that worked out for him.
14. I mentioned this to my husband who was a big Red Hot Chili Peppers fan, and he actually had a VHS that had a bunch of snippets of them recording in Harry Houdini’s house.
15. Once again, a Jack of all trades.
16. I have heard these songs over and over again, but never really thought anything about who they were written about. And if you want to feel really old, Red Hot Chili Peppers are now considered classic rock.
17. That’s a little creepy.
18. Maybe that’s how he got his start.
19. He definitely had a one of a kind stage presence for the time.
20. When you don’t necessarily need money, why would you want more?
21. This is one band that I have seen play a ton, then Travis Barker moved onto Blink 182, who I also saw a lot.
22. Party like a rock star!
23. Good for them! They are one of my all time favorite bands.
24. Did you know this fact?
25. And where is Dogstar now?
26. There is just something about Axl Rose that is a wee bit creepy.
27. As much as I like Morrissey’s music, he’s very set in his ways and won’t do anything he doesn’t want to do.
28. That dentist opened up a whole can of worms for The Beatles with that.
29. Interesting! Now you don’t really see bands with billboards ever.
Did you know any of these rock and roll facts? I knew a few of them, but not as many as I thought I would. Guess it’s time to go back, bust out the cassette tapes, and relive my teenage years. The 1990s were a great time for music and really got us out of the butt rock stage going back to rock and roll. Too bad I can’t same the same for the last decade!