Instagram may be one of the few social media outlets that I actually enjoy. It’s one of the few outlets that isn’t full of negativity or political rant posts. I like seeing what my friends see on a daily basis which might include an overload of delicious food and pictures of kids. But when I came across Rich Kids Of Instagram, I got a sort of sick feeling in my stomach. Don’t get me wrong…. I wish I had even a quarter of the amount of money that most of these kids have. It’s sad that they’ll never have to work for anything in their lives. When I saw the #DISTRACTIECUBANIPUTINI movement though, it put a smile on my face. I don’t feel like they are trying to be rude, or down play the fact that they don’t have as much. They are just bringing a hilarious light to the situation at hand. Here are some of the funniest pictures I’ve seen in a long time. It’s a battle of #RICHKIDSOFINSTAGRAM vs. #DISTRACTIECUBANIPUTINI. You decided who wins.
1. To be fair, they both have helicopters.
2. Just laying here, rolling around on the ground in all my money.
3. Bling bling!
4. I’m guessing their personalities are a little more fun.
5. I’m so rich, I eat watches for breakfast with chopsticks…. WHAT?
6. Don’t mind this small tiger sitting on the dash of my Porsche. My dad will just buy me a new one if it gets ruined.
7. Just a monkey on my arm while I hang out with my very expensive cars. Look at everything I have that you don’t.
8. I often find myself posing next to an alligator while drinking. You mean this isn’t normal?
9. I’m guessing the person getting the American Express black card doesn’t realize that there is a bill that comes along with that card.
10. Well, we know that money can’t buy talent.
11. Only a few generations will even know what the picture on the right is.
12. When I’m bored I like to surround myself in all of my expensive purses because someone else will put them away for me.
13. Nothing a new paint job can’t fix. What I don’t get is that the large cat is hanging out near a playground.
14. This guy has taken it upon himself to recreate a few of Paris Hilton’s Instagram photos.
15. He might have a career in modeling after taking this picture.
16. Just him and some dude. Picture accomplished.
While I definitely appreciate that some people have more money than others, I’m not a fan of the “Look At Me!” mentality. Or the “My Stuff Is Better Than Your Stuff” attitude. We should be happy with what we have, and realize that money can’t buy everything, like a lesson in being humble. I love that these ‘normal’ people took it upon themselves to recreate some pictures that might make others just a little upset. What are your thoughts?