According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Reports more than $12 billion dollars was spent on cosmetic procedures in 2013. Less than 10% of that $12 billion was from men, which means women were responsible for over 90% of plastic surgery in the USA that year. According to this same report, this rate has gone up 471% in just 16 years (from 1997). I wonder if the reason for so much cosmetic surgery, from eyebrow lifts to nose surgery, can be attributed to the creation of social media which first debuted in 1997 and has taken off like wildfire since then. Social media is an amazing tool which helps us connect to people all around the world. A lot of good has come from these online tools, however I worry that they are not helping women, of all ages, with self-image. It doesn’t help that women tend to be their own worst critics. Often finding fault with one or more of their own features that, to another, seems perfectly normal if not beautiful when looked at with a less critical eye. What people don’t understand is that the images they see online are often touched up prior to being posted. Here are 38 pictures of women who show what they look like au naturale compared to what they look like after they “put their faces on”. It’s amazing what a little makeup can do.
1. She obviously used makeup to enhance her beautiful eyes and slim her nose.
2. Makeup can be used to even skin tones.
3. It can change the shape of your eyes.
4. Makeup can easily fill in your eyebrows.
5. It enhances natural beauty.
6. And minimize skin blemishes.
7. Makeup can easily hide freckles.
8. And boost your confidence.
9. Makeup can disguise scars and birthmarks.
10. Makeup can reduce shine.
11. Makeup can look natural.
12. Hide the puffiness under your eyes.
13. Makeup can make you feel like royalty.
14. Makeup not only increases confidence but can make you look professional.
15. Hide dark shadows under your eyes.
16. You can use it to bring focus to your eyes.
17. And make your eyes look brighter and bigger.
18. Her makeup is very minimal.
19. Whereas this girl had a heavier hand on her eyes, great for an evening look.
20. Confidently rocking a red lip!
21. I love a nude lip!
22. Makeup can certainly change the shape of a face.
23. And take away a little redness of the nose.
24. It can enhance your natural eye color and make them pop.
25. It can make a bride feel more beautiful on her special day!
26. It can make you feel more glamorous .
27. And make your eyes sparkle.
28. Makeup can make you feel sexy.
29. Makeup is versatile, allowing you to change your looks every day.
30. It can shorten your forehead and widen your eyes.
31. Make your skin look flawless!
32. Makeup can change the shape of your nose and eyes.
33. Make you look older (or younger at times).
34. Project confidence and increase self esteem.
35. Reduce redness and shine.
36. Can slim down your face.
37. And just make a more beautiful you by increasing confidence in yourself.
These women are beautiful even before makeup, but makeup definitely changes their appearances. I love the saying “Don’t compare your behind the scenes with someone else’s highlighted reel.” Everyone has things about themselves that they are insecure about. However, very few women are willing to highlight those flaws online like the women above. Instead the only thing that is seen is their beautiful pictures that might make someone who is slightly insecure about different aspects of their face feel like they don’t measure up. However, you have to realize that no one is perfect. Everyone has flaws, it’s just that others may hide those flaws more efficiently than you. Instead of worrying that you don’t measure up, look for the beauty in yourself. If you are having trouble finding that beauty, instead of contributing to a multi billion dollar industry by resorting to painful surgery, you can consult with a specialist and learn to enhance the features you like and soften the ones you dislike with the help of cosmetics like the women in these photos.