Whenever I see someone doing something incredibly stupid in public, I am the type of person that will take a picture without hesitation (if you hesitate, you might miss the photo opportunity). I won’t hide the fact that I’m taking the photo either. I just stop what I’m doing and line up the shot with my phone. Some people try to conceal the fact that they are taking pictures of idiots so as not to bring attention to themselves. However, I believe that would be a disservice to the idiot. If I saw someone taking out their phone to capture a picture of what I was doing, it would be a red flag that what I was doing needed to be reconsidered. Taking pictures may save someone’s life if your actions wake someone up to the danger they are putting themselves in, causing them to come up with another plan of action. These 23 photos were captured by people, like me, that saw something so stupid they just had to capture a picture to share with the world so we can all wonder, “What were they thinking?”
1. I really hope the man standing on the bottles of wine is a customer and not someone who works at the store.
2. Let’s assume this isn’t what it seems, and that the ledge of the ladder he is standing on is actually really wide, so he will only fall about 10 feet instead of a couple hundred feet.
3. Maybe his mom never told him not to put plastic bags over his head! Getting sparks in your eye is much worse than dying of asphyxiation.
4. I bet Penske won’t notice the truck is being held together with bungee cords when they return it.
5. What’s the problem? Water and high voltage go together like cats and mice!
6. Hey! This is very innovative! What the heck are you supposed to do if you need a ladder and don’t own an SUV?! He’s making it work! I’m sure he has absolutely no plans to slam on the brakes on the way home.
7. I’m impressed with the height of this ceiling! It’s nice that his spotter decided to stop spotting and take a picture instead!
8. The men on the lifted forklift decided to also avoid the safety of the roll bars.
9. These people are on the wrong side of the line marking the difference between genius and insanity but they probably think they are problem solvers.
10. To tell the truth, I don’t trust car jacks either.
11. I think that anyone who has access to forklifts should probably be required to take a class on what not to do with their forklift. Top of the list should be: Don’t use as a ladder or to lift other equipment including other forklifts!
12. Don’t have level ground to put a ladder on? No worries! Have someone hold up a piece of plywood to rest the ladder on! Seems perfectly safe!
13. Who wears flip-flops when working construction?
14. There could be a perfectly good explanation for this. Maybe she was a kidnap victim and is escaping across the ledge to another apartment, and as a thank you for the rescue she stopped to clean the windows in her high heels 60 feet up.
15. Apparently this guy wanted to give his mother a heart attack by cleaning her windows on Mother’s Day.
16. Need to clean your windows but don’t have scaffolding? If you have a flatbed truck and a crane, it’s the next best thing!
17. Don’t worry. I am sure the cement would help protect him from an electric shock. He’s perfectly safe.
18. Yep, those two thin sticks look like they are strong enough to keep that boulder at bay.
19. Ladder too short? No problem! It seemed like a brilliant idea at the time.
20. Option number two if the ladder is too short, find a super strong friend to hold the ladder up!
21. I get the feeling that the scaffolding really isn’t anchored very well. They should add another sandbag!
22. It’s not like round things roll or anything…
23. It’s been ‘fixed’ and adequately marked!
It’s amazing that there are still so many people with such poor decision-making skills in the world. You would think that Darwin’s Theory of Evolution would have weeded them out by now. However, without the idiots of the world we would be without some much appreciated entertainment! So thank an idiot the next time you see one, after taking a picture of course!