Times are a-changing, that’s for sure. Just think back to when you were a kid. We would keep ourselves entertained by walking down to the corner market for penny candy and play night games like Capture The Flag. But now kids seem to be attached to some sort of electronic device whether it’s their X-box, iPhone, or tablet. Obviously the younger generation has their technology usage down. I feel I am pretty savvy when it comes to modern technology, but then I’ll be surprised by something my 6-year-old daughter figured out on Instagram before I did. After seeing these 19 old people using technology though, I don’t feel as bad. Some of these are just down right hilarious and remind me so much of my in-laws and grandparents.
1. Some of these may hit a little too close to home. Yes, I still own a dictionary. I’m not sure why actually.
2. Oh parents! You gotta love them!
3. Either Siri is not comprehending what he’s saying OR this man has some anger issues with technology.
4. You mean there is more than one person with the same name? Mind Blown!
5. Oh, everything about this picture is just amazing.
6. I could see my grandma doing this.
7. How’s that working out for you?
8. Never, ever follow your GPS directions unless you know for sure there is not a golf course, river, or lake on the other side of the road.
9. We had so many problems as kids that only a mother could fix. Now it’s your turn to return the favor.
10. This is pretty much every text I would get from my mother-in-law when she got her first iPhone.
11. Umm…. that’s not a SD card, Mom!
12. Just in case they forget who they are talking to, I guess.
13. Oh this one is just too good! I’m glad she loves that turkey so much, but calling it baby girl is a little creepy.
14. If the picture doesn’t scare her, at least she’ll know where to find MS Office.
15. Note to self – don’t ever try this!
16. I’ve heard those dy laptops are great!
17. Yeah, I can see why that would slow down the computer.
18. These computers are so old they are almost collectibles!
19. Closer to the sky, the better service you’ll get. I’m guessing this person is probably still using dial-up.
Well these old people using technology makes me feel better about how I use my electronics. I won’t feel as bad when I have to ask for help on something a little more difficult, like figuring out formulas in Excel. Imagine if you gave an Excel spreadsheet to #18, what would happen?