There’s no doubt about it. No matter how much money you have, you’ll still find yourself excited to save a little when you can. This doesn’t make you greedy or cheap, it’s just good business sense. Letting you find out about the following money-saving secrets, on the other hand, is not in the best interest of the companies to which they relate! It’s sad to think that you need a trick or special knowledge to be treated fairly in this world, but that’s what corporate greed has led us. Since the corporate fat cats don’t want these money-saving secrets in the public’s eye, you can bet your biscuit that I’m all about telling the world!
1. Pre-Paid Medical: Less than 25% of the total cost if you pay upfront?
2. No Comment: I don’t believe that all cops are bad guys, but if you land yourself in shackles, you can bet your bottom dollar that they don’t want to be your friend!
3. Excess Equals Additional Use: Not only does using extra product in a commercial make everything look a little better, it subconsciously trains you to believe that is the amount that you need. This wasteful and excessive practice is exactly what the companies are hoping that you’ll develop into a habit. This, quite simply, translates into increased sales and job security.
4. Fire Your Dentist:
5. Can You See The Savings?: $12 from $250? Now, that’s one hell of a discount! How is that even possible?
6. Food Is Good And Exercise Is Hard: This one’s a no brainer, but it’s just so hard when food is so good. Not to mention with NETFLIX and HULU, it’s so damn hard to get off the couch!
7. Way To Confuse The TSA And NSA: I’m not even sure how this one is legal.
8. CPAs Are Crooks: Okay, maybe they’re not crooks. This is proof positive, however, that they’ve got something to hide.
9. So It’s Not Really Magic?: Words cannot express how much this disappoints me. Next thing I know, you’re going to tell me there’s not an endless supply of quarters behind my ear?
10. SALE! Is It REALLY?: This one really has a double meaning. 1. If you’re buying it ONLY because it’s on sale, did you really need it in the first place? 2. Most of the time, companies mark up their prices so that they’re still making the same amount when they post their “Incredible Sale!” This usually involves placing the current price in the SALE price slot, then making up a mythical number for the pre-sale price.
11. Never Say Wedding: This is all around just good advice… Say NO to weddings! Seriously though, it’s sad that this is another way that companies will gouge the consumer.
12. Take THAT, Hotel: I could have used this a time or two when there was an unforeseen circumstance that popped up while I was on holiday. This is a good one to know!
13. Well, That’s Good For California: Yes, the legality of expiration dates is a good thing. But, unless you live in California, it doesn’t do you much good!
14. IT Degree By Google: There you have it… You can find anything on google. Well, I can find anything on google as long as it’s NOT what I’m really looking for!
15. Razors Are A Racket: There you have it.
16. It’s The Same Cable: I have wasted hours trying to figure out what the reasoning is for the huge price difference only to leave the store frustrated and empty-handed. That old saying ‘You get what you pay for’ … I’m calling BS!
17. Change Or Cancel Your Flights For Free: Looks like you’re limited to 24 hours if you’re suffering from vacation impulse buys and the subsequent buyers remorse.
18. Since When Is Air Free?: Yes, I’m still the cheap, tightwad that will drive across town trying to find the free air pump rather than reaching into my pocket for a couple of quarters. Now that I know the gas stations got to turn it on for you… I’ll be saving a little gas money.
19. I Don’t Need No Stinking Plumber: Yeah, I say that now. But, with my tendency to over tighten, strip or otherwise just break the bolts… I’m sure I’ll be calling the plumber anyway!
20. Extreme Couponing Is A Thing, And Apparently, It’s Awesome: Someone needs to teach me… I would love to get paid to take stuff from stores. It’s like stealing, but way less illegal!
21. Dealership Bidding War: You’ve got to love a tip that will allow you to stick it to the man, instead of getting raked over the coals yourself!
22. They Keep Calling: I guess yelling profanities at them before hanging up just doesn’t get the message across anymore.
I sincerely hope that these money-saving secrets will help you in the future. Anything that can be done to help keep money in the hands of the hard-working, honest individuals is considered a win in my book.