With mass communication, photo sharing, and social media today our world can seem very small. With the development of the internet, we have so much information at our fingertips, it seems like there really isn’t anything that the world doesn’t know or hasn’t shared. This is one of the problems with being a human, it is hard to keep perspective sometimes and realize that we are not masters of the universe. There is still so much about our world that the average person has no idea exists. There are so many places to see and explore. So many exciting things happen every day that we can’t possibly be on top of all of them. These are a few awesome photos that you may have missed. Check out these incredible images you have never seen before, and be amazed at the things our world has to offer.
1. This is what happens when a forest is struck by lightning.
2. An X-Ray of a pregnant cat. Kinda weird.
3. Melted glass from a building that caught on fire. Reminds me a little of a Salvador Dali painting.
4. This picture was taken along the Algodones Sand Dunes in Southern California. The fence running along the dunes is a border fence.
5. This thing is pretty neat. It’s a path laying machine that organizes the bricks into the correct pattern and lays them down. That would save A LOT of time.
6. This is a great contrasting photo. The right half of the photo is modern-day Manhattan. The left side is what Manhattan would have looked like 400 years ago. What a difference.
7. You’re going to call me a liar, but this is actually one picture.
8. This is a chemical element called Bismuth. It appears this way because of an iridescent oxide on its surface.
9. The iconic Marlon Brando. The first picture is what he looks like without his makeup for the movie series The Godfather. It’s hard for me to picture him without the makeup to be honest.
10. Some horizontally spiraled brick work. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this on a building before.
11. This is a picture of Firefly Squid off the coast of Japan. Pretty beautiful if I do say so myself.
12. So apparently kayaking up to volcanic lava is a thing….
13. This is the Fukang Meteor. Just look at that Fukang Meteor.
14. This is wolf made entirely out of pipe cleaners. You gotta wonder how long this took.
15. This would be so freaking awesome. Imagine looking out at something like that everyday…
16. An igloo community in Germany. I would like to try to live in an igloo for a bit, just to see what it’s like.
17. Definitely going to try this one. This is the type of picture that is taken when your camera refocuses during a fireworks explosion.
18. Believe it or not, this is what a 1 liter plastic bottle looks like before it is heated and compressed air is added to it.
19. Ever wondered what the world looks like to your cat? You don’t have to wonder any longer. The top photo is what a human sees, the bottom is what a cat sees. No wonder they are nocturnal, nighttime looks like day.
20. This is what is known as a Murrine. It is an Italian term for colored patterns or images that are made in a long glass cane. The images or patterns are revealed when the glass cane is cut into cross sections.
21. These are the Tangalooma wrecks in Queensland, Australia. These boats were sunk on purpose in the 1960’s in order to start the formation of natural coral reefs.
22. This is a digital image of an analogue glitch distorting a cabinet. The creator of the digital image has said he plans on creating the actual cabinet in real life.
23. A sunset and an eclipse happening all at once. Absolutely gorgeous, just don’t stare at it.
24. This is what you get when a lizard sheds his entire face in one try.
25. This is probably the best watch you’ve ever laid your eyes on. This is what the inner mechanisms of a watch built by Patek Phillipe look like. Patel is considered to be the finest watch maker in the entire world.
26. This is the chair that Abraham Lincoln was assassinated in.
27. This is the skull of a child that hasn’t lost its baby teeth yet. Creepy but interesting nonetheless.
28. These marks are the result of a lightning strike hitting the ground. Interestingly, humans that are struck by lightning will sometimes exhibit the same kind of markings on their skin for a certain period afterward.
29. The top view of a bridge over frozen water. I’m from the Great Lakes state and I’ve never even seen something like this.
30. Mother Nature must like shapes from the looks of these perfect cubes of a Pyrite.
31. Seeing as this picture needs no explanation, I’m just going to say this. Nope.
32. This terrifying piece of landscape is what is known as “The Door To Hell”. It was a natural gas field located in Turkmenistan that collapsed into an underground cavern in 1971. Scientists set it on fire to prevent the spread of deadly methane gas and it has been burning like this ever since.
33. This is an amazing illustration of a sunset through a wave. It literally looks like you could reach your hand out into it and it would get wet.
34. Hitlers infamous mustache was actually not on purpose. His gas mask would not fit with his longer mustache, so he trimmed it. This is him before that time.
35. This is a 3D printed cast that uses ultrasound. This allows bones to heal up to 40% faster. Pretty neat huh?
36. This picture was taken by a NASA satellite of the launch of the space shuttle Atlantis.
37. Believe or not, this eggshell has over 20,000 holes drilled in it.
All images courtesy of Imgur.
There is some pretty awesome stuff in here. No matter how small our world feels from the development of technology and constant communication, there are still so many things that each individual person has yet to see or experience. Hopefully these pictures helped you gain some perspective how much you have yet to see.