Be prepared: I am about to turn your world upside down! Have you ever absolutely known something to be true just to find out that you have been wrong your entire life? It’s like finding out there is no Santa Claus after years of writing him letters and being blackmailed into being good in exchange for presents. Sometimes I wish I could go back to the fanciful days where I believed a man flew around the world delivering presents to all the good boys and girls but once your beliefs are crushed, there is no going back. Similarly, here are 50 things that you knew to be true, but you are about to find out that everything you know is a big lie.
1. LIE: Serving Size is 11 Chips. TRUTH: Really? When has anyone ever stopped at the 11th chip?
2. LIE: Foot long sub sandwich TRUTH: 11 inches. Where is my missing inch Subway?! I bet a guy measured it.
3. LIE: Department stores have nice and neat stacks of towels TRUTH: It’s foam covered in swatches of towel material. What If I wanted to buy 25 bath towels?
4. LIE: Department stores with nice, neat stacks of jeans TRUTH: They lie in this department too!
5. LIE: Jack sacrificed his life for Rose because there was no room on the raft. TRUTH: Rose killed Jack because she didn’t feel like scooting over.
6. LIE Captain Crunch. TRUTH: Commander Crunch! I wonder if he even earned those stripes.
7. LIE: ‘The Carlton’ was created by Alfonzo when filming Fresh Prince of Bel Air. TRUTH: It should be called ‘The Courtney’!
8. LIE: Cup O’ Noodle? TRUTH: Half Cup O’ Noodle!
9. LIE: Tear Free Shampoo. TRUTH: Make You Cry, Tangle Free Shampoo!
10. LIE: Wearing ear buds with cord straight down. TRUTH: The cord should be coming straight up and wrap around your ear
11. LIE: Pineapples grow on trees. TRUTH: Pineapples grow on a plant close to the ground
12. LIE: The Weasley Twins are redheads. TRUTH: They are Brunette.
13. LIE: You should cut bread from the top of the loaf down. TRUTH: Cutting the bread from the bottom keeps you from smashing it.
14. LIE: It is pronounces Nuh-tell-uh. TRUTH: Newtella. However, no matter what the company claims, if EVERYONE pronounces it wrong, is it actually wrong?
15. LIE: Baby carrots are small because they haven’t fully matured yet. TRUTH: Baby carrots are regular carrots, just shaved down.
16. LIE: If there is more than one octopus it is pronounced octopi. TRUTH: The plural of octopus is actually octopodes (not even spellcheck knows this fact).
17. LIE: Pushing on the top side of a mac & cheese box will allow you to open it. TRUTH: You will try but the box will only cave in until you give up and rip it open from the top.
18. LIE: Wrinkled fingers mean you’ve been in water too long. TRUTH: The wrinkles allow you to stay in water even longer.
19. LIE: Someone slaved away laying each brick individually. TRUTH: A machine does the work easily.
20. LIE: The BerenSTEIN Bears. TRUTH: The BerenSTAIN Bears.
21. LIE: Fruit Loops come in many flavors. TRUTH: They all have the exact same flavor.
22. LIE: The red gummy bears are strawberry flavored. TRUTH: Strawberry flavored gummy bears are green!
23. LIE: I before E except after C TRUTH: Many words do not follow this ‘rule’.
24. LIE: You shake Tic Tacs into your hand. TRUTH: The Tic Tac container is designed to give you a single Tic Tac.
25. LIE: Roadrunners are faster than coyotes. TRUTH: Coyotes could easily outrun a roadrunner.
26. LIE: You use the same edge of a butter knife to spread butter and cut. TRUTH: You spread butter with the non-rounded side.
27. LIE: Some people must have green thumbs in order to have such green grass. TRUTH: Some people paint their grass green to look like they have green thumbs. I’m thinking of doing this.
28. LIE: The bent part of the bobby pin goes up. TRUTH: The bent part of the bobby pin goes down which will keep it from sliding.
29. LIE: Pringles are hard to eat because my hand doesn’t fit in the tube. TRUTH: You can easily slide the Pringles out of the tube making them easy to eat.
30: LIE: Hello Kitty is a kitty. TRUTH: Hello Kitty is a little girl.
31. LIE: Arizona Tea is from Arizona. TRUTH: It’s made in Canada.
32. LIE: The night before Halloween doesn’t have a name. TRUTH: It does have a name, but only in NJ & MI.
33. LIE: It’s easier to pour liquid from a container with the opening closer to the glass. TRUTH: Pouring liquid from a container with the opening at the top won’t gush out.
34. LIE: Toad from Mario Brothers is a mushroom. TRUTH: That’s not his head, it’s his hat.
35. LIE: Chinese takeout containers are used for transport only, you can either eat out of them as is or transfer to a plate. TRUTH: The container will become a plate when unfolded.
36. LIE: Penguins don’t have knees. TRUTH: Penguins have knees, but they are inside their body.
37. LIE: This emoticon is an offer of help and information. TRUTH: This emoticon is not intended to be helpful.
38. LIE: Peanuts grow on trees. TRUTH: Peanuts grow in the ground like potatoes.
39. LIE: Microwaves have popcorn buttons to make popping popcorn easy. TRUTH: You should not use the popcorn button on your microwave to pop popcorn.
40. LIE: Fandom stands for ‘Fan Kingdom’. TRUTH: Fandom stands for ‘Fanatic Domain’I like Fan Kingdom better.
41. LIE: Twinkies never go bad. TRUTH: Twinkies will spoil.
42. LIE: Bae stands for ‘babe’. TRUTH: Bae stands for poop. This actually makes me not hate it so much anymore!
43. LIE: Oranges (the fruit) are the color orange. TRUTH: Oranges can be green or yellow, in addition to the color orange.
44. LIE: Models and actresses in commercials have beautiful, flowing hair that they can flip easily. TRUTH: They have help flipping their hair in commercials.
45. LIE: Toasters rate how dark your toast is from 1 to 5. TRUTH: The numbers 1-5 stand for how many minutes your toast will be toasted.
46. LIE: These pavers are laid one by one. TRUTH: They aren’t individual pavers, the lines are stamped in.
47. LIE: This dress changes color from gold/white to black/blue. TRUTH: The ACTUAL dress is black/blue and does not change color.
48. LIE: Double Stuff Oreos have double the stuff. TRUTH: Double Stuff Oreos have less than 1.9x stuffing.
49. LIE: Cats always land on their feet. TRUTH: Cats don’t always land on their feet.
50. LIE: Bear Grylls only gets help in life threatening situations. TRUTH: It’s just a job! Wouldn’t you want pizza if everyone else was eating some?
Hopefully, this post didn’t crush your spirit too badly. It just goes to show that you can’t trust anything. From now on you should question anything and everything so that you aren’t caught up in the lies of this world.