If you have ever dealt with a young child, you know it can be rough. Sometimes their curiosity and imagination is over the top, and no matter what you say you can’t seem to get through to them. I think that is a huge reason parents will tell their child a lie, in order to get a point across. Other times, it is just a funny joke. I’ll let you decide on the following 17 parent lies.
1. I would like to know the reason behind this lie.
2. Seems logical, I guess.
3. And that is why mama told you this.
4. I kind of feel bad for her.
5. Makes sense to me.
6. I bet he never crossed the street without holding a hand again.
7. Oh Santa.
8. That is one way to terrify a child.
9. Poor kid probably never got ice cream.
10. I might start using this one…
12. That poor dog.
13. Ew, black water is gross.
14. I would want to find the penguin.
15. One of those lies that is just funny.
16. That is also pretty terrifying.
Sometimes, as a parent you have to get a little creative to get the point across, even if it involves a few lies, right? What “lies” do you tell your kids?