Bill Gates once said, “I give the toughest job to the laziest person because he will find an easy way to do it.” I’m not sure that is the best mantra to have in the work place since I have had a lot of lazy coworkers, that would simply just drop the ball instead of getting their work done, especially if it was hard work. However, at home my husband and I often tell our kids to work smart, not hard so maybe we have something going for us! Hopefully one day we will be as successful as Mr. Gates! These 20 people are taking lazy to a new level and they can surely teach all of us a thing or two!
1. My boys eat cereal out of red solo cups so they don’t have to wash dishes in the morning. Although, I’m not sure why that stops them because it’s not like they ever think to wash dishes on their own anyways.
2. Not only is it functional and adds color to your apartment, but when you’re in the mood for a sweet treat you can drink one of the easy to reach Otter Pops!
3. Now he can get that nice even tan without ever having to move.
4. This simple device brings gaming to a whole new level! Just don’t use your actual steering wheel in your car while you are driving.
5. So much easier than running to the store and spending $5 on a new clock.
6. Mothers know everything! And this one is no exception!
7. Some people don’t recycle because they are too lazy. At least this guy’s laziness is being used for good!
8. They, like all of us, were probably sick of getting their hand stuck in the Pringle can. I love it!
9. I believe they did just invent a new life hack. Not only does the Roomba vacuum the floors, but now it scrubs them too! I just can’t imagine that it is all that efficient though.
10. When you know you are going to eat an entire package of cookies, you might as well use the package to hold your milk instead of dirtying a glass! This makes for convenience and easy cleanup!
11. It’s true that if you ever want to hide anything from a boy, stick it in a tampon box. Boys will avoid it like the plague. But they may be grossed out when they find a tampon box stored in the fridge.
12. Now this had to be designed for men. I never knew someone could spend so much time on the toilet until I met my husband. I’m sure setting up a system that allows you to watch movies while on the toilet is a sign that you need help. Sitting on the porcelain throne that long cannot be good for your body!
13. Keeping snacks in the hood of a hoodie that is on backward will most likely increase productivity. Smart.
14. Truth be told, I hate s’mores. I’m not a fan of marshmallows at all, so this one really isn’t doing anything for me. I sure do hope that is a new rake though, and if it’s an old rake, hopefully they don’t own dogs.
15. Although it seems like it might be a good idea, I would have reservations about this one. Do dishwashers have a cold wash setting? And if you do try this, I wouldn’t recommend adding dish detergent to the load.
16. Now this is brilliant! I used to work at a veterinary clinic and we had to deal with little rings all the time when handing out rabies tags. We always used staple removers to open the ring. We referred to them as the jaws of life!
17. Notice the rubber band is not at the end of the vacuum before he sucks up the hair so all he has to do is push it off the end to capture her hair in a ponytail!
18. Make a panini in your toaster by putting a fully made sandwich in the toaster! Just expect a mess to be left in the toaster when you are done! I would recommend laying the toaster on its side!
19. Bacon makes everything better! Enough said.
20. Going somewhere that alcohol is prohibited? Not a problem! However, you may have a problem if you can’t refrain from drinking even if you disagree with these kind of restrictions.
I’m not sure the above will qualify you to do very important jobs, but this kind of smart-thinking, problem solving solutions are worth our admiration and gratitude. And we thank you for being willing to share with us. I’m not sure Bill Gates is looking for this type of person to employ but regardless these people should add their ideas to their portfolios so their future employers know the kind of lazy genius they could potentially employ!
What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below.