The advancement in technology has exploded in the last couple years completely changing life as we know it drastically. Life is becoming easier, at our fingertips and at the same time, losing a lot of the charm that most of us grew up with. I can personally relate to each of the 50 struggles below all too well. Although I don’t want to change the advancements that have changed my life, I also really enjoy bringing back the memories of what the problems that plagued my life were when I was young. Take a look below and see how many of these struggles of growing up in the 90’s you can relate to.
1. Illegal song downloads would take up your entire day!
2. What was that sound even? I believe these days they call it DubStep.
3. That’s as good as a frisbee at this point and it only takes being set down or slid wrong one time.
4. Every old school game was a tangible piece of property. Some even came with glitches that made them unique.
5. This was a very big NO!
6. The struggle was well worth the wait… usually.
7. Cheat codes for days!
8. Nobody thought the internet would be a thing.
9. We weren’t made of money!
10. Original pirating!
11. My sister lived to keep her Tamagotchi happy.
12. If it was an immediate hang-up, my parents knew it was for me.
13. Checking the paper for most things!
14. This was the worst and the longest wait ever.
15. When someone made a call while you were downloading a pic was the worst!!!
16. Scoot your chair over, I need more room!
17. I still push the button almost every time today. Has never once done a thing….
18. This was what an amazing weekend lined up looked like!
20. I still remember the startup sound.
21. That was a terrifying few seconds.
22. When they came out in colors, we were blown away.
23. Why most businesses started with an ‘A’.
24. First rule of markers!
25. Everyone loved it, not one person actually knows how to play.
26. I’d wait all day for the perfect recording!
27. One way to trigger a kid was to ruin their recording.
28. WAIT UNTIL IT’S SAFE! YOU COULD LOSE EVERYTHING.
29. If this bugs you, you grew up in the 90’s
30. The joy of taking out and rolling this ball will never be reproduced.
31. This was the absolute worst! Don’t even bother with an insert if I don’t get the lyrics.
32. This little roll was a complete gamble.
33. This was fine until it started beeping at you with that annoying tone. Hang up, start again.
34. Why didn’t they make pockets bigger. The 10 second anti-skip was revolutionary.
35. This was the leading cause of anxiety.
36. The little pieces are vital!
37. It actually dialed a number and connected you to anything you want. Unless someone picked up the phone…
39. Bring back the old fashion trends!
40. Sometimes it was hopeless.
41. This was literally the most annoying thing ever, both the pants and the inevitable worry of getting them soaked in a puddle.
42. So many options in WordArt! We were basically graphic designers.
43. And the computer is now broken…
44. Space Pinball was life!
45. At least we got some exercise.
46. The route to the best thing on your computer.
47. This was one way to ruin your day. DVDr’s were the worst!
48. Somewhere this is still saving….
49. It became second nature real fast! Watching my parents try was another story.
50. If you know what’s happening here, you were alive in the 90’s for sure. My first tape was Vanilla Ice.
The 90’s were a great time to be alive! Nobody called these things a struggle, they called them life. Things sure have changed and I’m proud to have grown up in a time that was a little tougher on you.