Summer time is in full force. Time for kids to be out of school and if they are like mine about a week into it claiming how bored they are. Oh kids, right? That is why we have put together this list of 33 fun, cheap (yes under $10) things to do with your kids this summer. Enjoy.
1. Pool noodles are great for backyard obstacle course
2. Cut a noodle in half for a marble track
3. Crayons and sandpaper can help your child get creative and make their own t-shirt.
4. Fill balloons with play dough to create a whole new toy.
5. Create a giant wand for balloons
6. Make a rainbow bubble snake. Instructions here
7. Turn an old box into an indoor slide.
8. Painters tape and newspaper create this spider web activity.
9. Paper plates, Popsicle sticks, and a balloon are all you need to play Balloon Ping-Pong.
10. Use popcorn and have the popcorn olympics
11. Put a bar of soap in the microwave to make soap clouds.
12. Play “Escape the Volcano” to teach kids about color recognition, shape names, counting, and more. Instructions here.
13. Well-placed yarn is all you need to let your kids get their Mission Impossible on.
14.Pencil erasers and a marble make a surprisingly addictive at-home bowling game.
15. Super fun balloon rockets are a blast and teach your kids about science. Instructions here
16. Another super-cool science experiment lets kids extract DNA from strawberries.
17. Make Alien Balloons for another science experiment.
18. Experiment with water marbles. Instructions here
19. Have an indoor campout
20. Preschoolers can also continue to learn how to draw letters with this easy-to-make sugar-writing tray. Instructions here.
21.Burlap makes a grey sewing station
22. Pipe cleaners and a colander are great entertainment for a toddler.
23. Tape a paper towel roll to the wall to keep toddlers busy.
24. Make a tinfoil river. Great for car races, boat races, be creative.
25. Build a tower out of cut up sponges.
26. Create a throwing tarp
27. Use leftover bubble wrap to make Stomp Paintings. Instructions here
28. Paint on wet glue with food coloring.
29. Take a new twist on chalk. Exploding Paint Bags turn your sidewalk into a work of art. Instructions here.
30. Play chalk dress up.
31. A couple of sponges and a box of chalk are all you need to turn your driveway into a bull’s-eye target game.
32. Create a fun outdoor board game with some tape
33. Use tape for a track for cars.
Perfect list right? And great for children of all ages. Do you have any creative ideas that you plan on doing to keep your kids busy this summer? Share below.