Being the dominant life form on our planet, I feel gives humans a sense of entitlement. We feel like we have the right to so many things, when in reality we are such a small part of a universe that is too big for us to even fully grasp. That’s why learning about the universe is such a fascinating thing to me. It really gives you perspective on how insignificant we are in the grand scheme of things. Now I’m saying that our lives don’t have meaning, or anything like that. Just that there is so much more out there besides what is going on here on Earth. If you still don’t believe me, check out these 19 facts about the universe, and see if your mind hasn’t changed.
1. And yet there is still so much space between everything. Think about how big the universe must be in order for that many stars to fit in it without any overcrowding.
2. Black holes are still one of the biggest mysteries of the known universe.
3. The amount of energy this event produced can’t even be fathomed.
4. So apparently hydrogen develops some sort of conscience….
5. That’s pretty dang huge.
6. It would be strange to be alive when a whole extra hour had to be added to our days.
7. This is unreal!
8. This is the stuff that science still doesn’t even fully understand. That is an absolutely insane thing to think about.
9. If we eventually settle on Mars, is someone going to try to scale it?
10. I feel like the universe would beg to differ when it comes to some people.
11. I mean I do love steak….
12. This is all we are to other places in the universe. We aren’t special. We are just another speck of light in space.
13. It shows you how massive our galaxy is, and there are even bigger ones out there!
14. Still think we are the only living beings in this universe?
15. We don’t have a special place in this universe, as much as we like to think we do.
16. We really are connected to our universe in more ways than we think.
17. That’s probably one of the strangest things I’ve heard in a while.
18. Thinking about the big picture can really give you a completely new perspective on life.
19. Still not enough beer.
Our universe is such a massive place. There is still so much we have to learn about it. There are probably even things that we will never discover because we will never have the technology capable of it. Life is still full of so many mysteries. It may not seem like it when we think about our every day lives, but we are not even close to discovering the mystery of life or our place in it.