People have getting creative on ways to occupy their free time lately. We’ve seen people finally take on home remodeling projects to mastering the art of doing puzzles. And if you have younger kids at home, you’ve probably found yourself having to get creative to keep them busy. Lucky for us parents, IKEA has released a new campaign with instructions on how to build 6 different types of furniture forts that you can build. These designs were created by an ad agency called Instinct and they consist of detailed instructions on how to build castles, forts and more of your favorite furniture forts.
1. The Cave. Probably one of the simplest designs, this cave fort only requires a chair, a sheet or blanket and some kind of object to hold it down.
2. The Camping Tent. This one is very popular in my house. Using a clothes-rack and some pins, you can create a fort that allows for much more head space.
3. The House. One of the more sturdier forts, all you need to build the house fort is a table and some sheets or blankets.
4. The Wigwam. Add a little creativity to your fort with a wigwam that only requires a hat stand (or something similar) and some sheets. Don’t forget about the lights for some added ambience.
5. The Fortress. The fortress is one of the most basic forts that only require couch cushions with a sheet over the top.
6. The Castle. The castle is the best of the best. This one will require four chairs and some kind of coat stand in the middle to give it a pointed roof.
So are you going to take on the challenge and step up your fort-building skills?