We’ve seen our fair share of extreme and odd vacation rentals and houses, but this one might take the cake. There is a hotel in Kent called Port Lympne Hotel and Reserve that offers guests an opportunity to ‘sleep with lions’. Literally. You literally sleep with lions.
1. If you’re brave enough (and can afford it), you’ll have to shell out $2,245 a night to stay at the hotel.
2. The hotel says it’s the first of its kind in the world.
3. The also promise guests a ‘fully immersing experience.
4. Their site also says, “There’s nowhere else in the world where you can wake up with a tiger at your window! Enjoy breathtaking coastal views from your private balcony and explore the reserve in your personal golf buggy. Lion Lodge is the latest luxury overnight accommodation at Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve in Kent. This fully immersing experience gives guests the chance to sleep with lions!”
5. “These unique lodges, named Kikuyu and Jibana, offer guests the incredible opportunity to immerse themselves in the lives of Adras, Oudrika and their three adorable cubs: the Reserve’s lion pride.
6. They also state, “At both lodges, large windows face out onto our tigers so you can sleep within a whisker of these impressive big cats. French doors lead from the master bedrooms to the private balconies and offer breathtaking views across the area.”
7. Yep, you can literally be inches away from a lion while you enjoy your morning coffee.
8. The views do look incredible (with or without the lions).
9. But it has to be a little scary.
10. They really weren’t kidding when they say ‘fully immersing’.
11. Each loft also comes with a log burner, mini bar and a 4K TV.
More info: Lion Lodge