I find it so crazy that buildings can be left abandoned and uncared for. These 38 abandoned places left me feeling a little scared, a little sad, but they all gave me goosebumps. To think of what happened before they were abandoned, why they were abandoned, and what has happened since. These pictures are heartbreaking but beautiful at the same time. Check these out:
1. Abandoned Church with Chairs (location unknown)
2. Abandoned Coal Plant in France.
3. Abandoned Domino Sugar Factory in Brooklyn, New York.
4. Abandoned Mill in Ontario, Canada.
5. Abandoned Power Plant in Belguim.
6. Abandoned Rocket Factory in Russia.
7. Aniva Rock Lighthouse in Sakhalinskaya Oblast, Russia.
8. Bannerman Castle in Pollepel Island, New York.
9. Canfranc Rail Station in Spain.
10. Chateau Miranda in Celles, Belguim.
11. Christ of the Abyss in San Fruttuoso, Italy.
12. City Hall Station in New York City, New York.
13. Czestochowa Train Depot in Poland.
14. Dadipark in Dadizel, Beliguim.
15. Disney’s Discovery Island in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
16. Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
17. Eilean Donan in Loch Duich, Scotland.
18. El Hotel del Salto in Colombia.
19. Empty Organ Room (location unknown).
20. Farmhouse in Seneca Lake, New York.
21. Gulliver’s Travels Park in Kawaguchi, Japan.
22. Hashima Island in Japan.
23. Holy Land USA in Waterbury, Connecticut.
24. Michigan Central Station in Detroit, Michigan.
25. Military Hospital in Beelitz, Germany.
26. Mirny Diamond Mine in Eastern Siberia, Russia.
27. Orpheum Auditorium in New Bedford, Massachuesetts.
28. Overgrown Section Of The Great Wall of China.
29. Pripyat, Ukraine.
30. Abandoned Railroad in Lebanon, Missouri.
31. Red Sands Sea Forts in Sealand, United Kingdom.
32. Ryugyong Hotel in Pyongyang, North Korea.
33. Sanzhi UFO Houses in San Zhi, Taiwan.
34. Six Flags Jazzland in New Orleans, Louisiana.
35. Underwater City in Shicheng, China.
36. Willard Asylum in Willard, New York.
37. Wonderland Amusement Park in Beijing, China.
38. Wreck of the SS America in Fuerteventura, Canary Islands.
All images courtesy of Reddit.
These abandoned places offer some amazing photography opportunities, but I still have a hard time not wondering what happened to turn these fantastic structures into abandoned pieces of stone and wood.
Would you take a trip to any of these? Let us know in the comments below.