in ,

Woman’s Hair Tie Gave Her An Infection That Needed Emergency Surgery

If you’re a guy or girl with longer hair you know that having a hair tie on your wrist at your disposal whenever called upon can be a god send. Something as innocuous as a little hair tie is though is causing big time news around the internet. The media tends to blow some things out of proportion. This story will make you think twice of the everyday things we do that could turn into a medical emergency really fast. Check this story out and learn the painful lesson of someone else.

Woman's Hair Tie Gave Her An Infection That Needed Emergency Surgery
WLKY News

This is Audree Kopp. A mother from Louisville, Kentucky, she did what usually did every morning before leaving the house. Something that most girls and guys with long hair do every day.

Woman's Hair Tie Gave Her An Infection That Needed Emergency Surgery
WLKY News

She simply slid a hair tie around her wrist to keep for later use. It is an act that millions of people take for granted every day.

Woman's Hair Tie Gave Her An Infection That Needed Emergency Surgery

The hair tie that she happened to put on that day had a glitter layered on the surface.

Woman's Hair Tie Gave Her An Infection That Needed Emergency Surgery
WLKY News

Throughout the day, the glitter from the hair tie cause a tiny scratch to appear on her wrist.

Woman's Hair Tie Gave Her An Infection That Needed Emergency Surgery
WLKY News

Bacteria from the hair tie then made its way into her body. She woke up two days after with this bump on her arm. The hair tie that caused this was less than two days old.

Woman's Hair Tie Gave Her An Infection That Needed Emergency Surgery
WLKY News

She went to the doctor, who told her that it was “no big deal.” He put her on a round of antibiotics and sent her on her way.

Woman's Hair Tie Gave Her An Infection That Needed Emergency Surgery
WLKY News

She started taking the antibiotics that day. Unfortunately they did nothing to help the issue. The next day she woke up and the lump was much bigger. around the size of a quarter.

Woman's Hair Tie Gave Her An Infection That Needed Emergency Surgery
WLKY News

This is when things started to take a turn for the worst. She knew at this point that this was definitely a bigger deal that the original doctor had thought.

Woman's Hair Tie Gave Her An Infection That Needed Emergency Surgery
WLKY News

She went to the ER after which she was taken to another hospital and rushed into emergency surgery. Her arm was actually infected with 3 different types of bacteria. It turns out that she narrowly avoided sepsis, or blood poisoning.

Something that so many people take for granted, putting a hair tie around their wrist. Unfortunately this time, a little scratch caused a hair tie infection and she almost paid for it with her life. This will definitely make me think twice about the small things I do that could have serious consequences.

Written by Dan Edmund

Dan Edmund has been doing internet marketing for over 10 years and frequently blogs on several websites. www.bossprofits.com