I love food. No really, I LOVE food. Good food can make so many things better. However it is also one of the biggest sources of frustration when it comes to being healthy and trying to lose weight. In a world of fast food and microwave meals, counting calories and carbs has become a part of everyday life for many people around the globe. We have apps solely for the purpose of calculating how much we should eat and even telling us what we can eat that will be within the provided limits. These things called “gyms”, that have a many different types of exercise equipment have really exploded lately too. How much exercise is needed to burn calories from some of the most popular foods in the world is really quite shocking. You are probably going to want to clean your fridge out after reading this, I know I did.
1. Pizza, no matter how it’s made or what is on it, is delicious. I will gladly run 3 miles to eat one slice.
2. Bacon is almost like water in that you need it to survive and to be honest doing 43 push ups per slice doesn’t seem that bad.
3. Soft drink companies have come under a lot of fire in recent years for just how unhealthy their products are. Having the numbers right in front of your face though is pretty eye-opening. New York has even banned the sale of oversized soft drinks.
4. Who doesn’t love some McDonald’s now and then, am I right? Check out how many sit ups you better be doing though.
5. I just had some of these the other night….they were delicious.
6. One of my guilty pleasures. I would probably drink one everyday if it wasn’t for the 3.5 miles I would have to run.
7. I had these all the time when I was a kid, it’s a wonder that I didn’t get fat.
8. Does anyone really even eat Tic Tac’s anymore?
9. 11.5 miles for 12 hot wings. I may have to pass on them the next time I go to a barbecue.
10. A staple in many people’s breakfast routine.
11. I’m just gonna have to suck it up and exercise because beer isn’t going anywhere.
12. Good thing I don’t live in Philly, because I wouldn’t be able to resist one of these everyday.
13. I force myself to avoid this place every time I go into the mall, now I’m glad I do.
14. One can for one mile of running, even trade right?
15. Mmmmmmm donuts…..
16. I would much rather just have real s’mores around a campfire, but to each their own.
How much exercise is needed to burn calories from many of these foods was definitely a surprise to me. I would even say a little eye-opening. There will definitely be more thought going into what I put into my body after reading this list. And hopefully by having numbers set out before them, other people will get that extra push they need to start taking their health more seriously. Being healthy can improve your life in so many ways, not only from a physical standpoint, but emotionally and mentally as well. So what are you waiting for, get out there and get active.