People have been drinking alcohol for a VERY long time. Babylonians worshipped a wine goddess as early as 2700 B.C. Alcohol has come a long way in the time it’s been around. We have refined production processes, tastes, and progress is always continuing. Genius drinking ideas don’t always come from the people who make the alcohol however. The people who drink it have been coming up with more efficient ways to store, drink, and even eat their booze for a long time as well. It’s only natural really, I mean we evolve and create more efficient ways of doing things for everything else, why not for how to get drunk? These are some drinking hacks that every drinker, no matter what level, needs to know.
1. These thin little marshmallows are no ordinary fluffy treat. These are made with moonshine instead a lillet. Recipes for these fluffy booze treats are all over the internet, like this one here.
2. This is one that I have known since I was a young drinker growing up in Michigan. Our winters are brutal, but that didn’t stop us from having fun outside. The snow is the perfect way to keep your beers cold.
3. If wine is your drink and you happen to have some left over, then think about freezing it. You can use it to make sauces and gravy later on.
4. Sometimes eating your booze is the most efficient way to get a buzz. If you enjoy oranges, try cutting a hole in one, then poking holes inside the orange to open the pulp up. Stick a miniature bottle of vodka in the hole and let it sit in the fridge for a night. The next morning you’re prepared for some serious day drinking.
5. This is probably one of the simplest things you can do, but it’s a game changer. Take a black plastic paper clip and clip it to one of the metal bars that make up the shelf of your fridge. Now your bottles and cans will stack up nice and neat!
6. This one is cool, but not very practical. If you have a pitcher of beer you can fill up a plastic cup with water and freeze it. Then just place it in the pitcher to keep your beer cold. This would require either calling ahead to the bar to make sure they had a frozen cup of water waiting, or bring your own, both of which seem like very stupid ideas.
7. Ice cubes are never good for wine. They throw the tastes out of balance and that is never something you want with wine. The next time you need to keep yours cold, try using frozen grapes instead. They will keep your drink chilled and will keep the taste in tact.
8. An electric plug can be use to open a bottle in a pinch. This however looks like a European outlet, I am not quite sure how a U.S. one would do.
9. I’ve tried this one before and it actually works like a charm. It’s not like you have to worry about the CD’s either because well let’s be honest, who uses CD’s anymore?
Hopefully these tips just made your life that much easier when enjoying a nice cold adult beverage. Simple things like this can really be useful to have in your brain. You can avoid infuriating situations like spilling your bottle of beer or having them take up all the space in the fridge because they won’t stack neatly. Cheers!