There are some people who claim they are not “cat people” and I’m not sure why. I have had cats ever since my 8th birthday when my parents gave me a kitten, that I had been asking for, as a present. I don’t believe you have to be either a cat person or a dog person; why not be both? I have two dogs and two cats and they get along great! My new kitten even loves my Irish Wolfhound, although it took him about a week to realize the giant dog was not going to eat him. Cats are pure entertainment. Even when they are sleeping, they can be pretty entertaining and they are way less maintenance than dogs can be. However, I do believe that you don’t always choose to own a cat, the cat often chooses you and once you are chosen, you might as well enjoy it!
My most recent cat chose our neighbors to take care of him when I went out-of-town for a week and my husband, who was working nights while I was gone, left the cat outside. Perry decided since we weren’t home to let him in at bedtime, he would go demand that the neighbors let him in their house instead by screeching at their door like a banshee. They were pretty nice about it at first, considering one of the residents is suffering from PTSD, insomnia, and agoraphobia, but shortly after I got home I received a thinly veiled, threatening phone call saying he was going to take my cat to the pound if I didn’t keep Perry from meowing outside his bedroom window. Although I am confident he was not going to take my cat the pound, considering his agoraphobia, I decided not to start a war with my neighbor and ensured the cat couldn’t go off my property with the assistance of a wireless boundary collar.
Here are 24 cats that, like my cat Perry, decided to invite themselves in to someone else’s home, welcome or not!
1. If the door is open, that is clear enough invitation to an opportunistic tabby.
2. You might not own any cats, but you invited a gang of them when you set out food dishes.
3. Momma kitties aren’t dumb! They are going to have kittens where it is safe and warm. Even if they have to break and enter to do so! They should feel honored she chose their home.
4. He was just inspecting the spice rack to ensure you weren’t out of cumin.
5. Have you ever heard the term, “Curiosity killed the cat?” Leave a door open and they are bound to investigate.
6. Just start claiming them as yours. These are the best types of pets to have, you can play with them, and hang out with them but you don’t have to feed them or pay for vet care.
7. This cat is most likely a girl. She likes you.
8. Who doesn’t want to be welcomed home every day.
9. I’m just surprised they are surprised the cat can get on the roof. Cats have mad jumping skills.
10. Smart cat. Got out of the rain and found the room with food in it.
11. Cats can’t resist bags and boxes! Even if they are in the closet in someone else’s house.
12. You might not have owned a cat, but you do now! He looks like he doesn’t plan to leave.
13. This might have scared me a little coming down the stairs. That was probably the cat’s plan. They can be evil like that, it’s part of their charm.
14. He’s hoping you don’t notice him so you will let him stay.
15. It’s a universal fact that cats love sinks no matter whose kitchen or bathroom they are in.
16. He likes treats too! How can you say no to that sweet face?
17. He wants you to move over so he can see the TV! Oh, and change the channel to Animal Channel.
18. If you are working on something, cats WILL get in the way. They can’t help it.
19. She was just looking for a safe place to sleep! Little did she know a crib is the least safe place for any animal.
20. Moved to the table? Yeah, not going to stop the cat from crashing your study party.
21. Your cat lady starter package was delivered.
22. Just try to take some food. I dare you.
23. This is when I would be searching for the culprit! There’s a big cat hiding somewhere in your house.
24. Yeah, definitely not anybody’s cat! I would take any cat any day over finding this in my house.
I really do get a chuckle out of cats! They are just awesome animals and people who aren’t “cat people” need to just give them a chance! Even if you don’t go out and adopt one, maybe just keep the next one that adopts you! My husband hates cats but he likes our cats Perry and Richard and he truly loved Gary (the cat I had when we were dating). He says he hates cats, but any cat he gets to know is the exception to his rule that cats are dumb, which makes me believe that deep down he truly is a “cat person” even if he doesn’t believe it himself.