On hot days, there’s nothing that will break the ice with the ladies like inviting them back to your place to take a dip in your very own custom pool. If you’re like me, and aren’t quite wealthy enough to actually own a backyard swimming pool, you’re in luck! These 23 prime examples of DIY pools that you can build on the cheap will have you throwing out the invites and getting the ladies back to your pad in no time at all! Now, I’m not guaranteeing that these gems will impress them enough to make them stay; that part’s up to you.
1. Heineken Heaven Pool: Unless all those Heineken crates were donated, I’m thinking this pool was expensive. Expense aside, I bet they had a lot of fun emptying the containers for this DIY project! On second thought, they may have a drinking problem.
2. Dump Bed Swimming Pool: Repurpose items if you can. I mean, hey, what else are you going to do with a spare dump truck?
3. Hefty Personal Pool: Available at every local grocery store for under $10, it’s easy to get a whole roll of your own Hefty personal pools!
4. No Dumpster Diving: Keep this in mind whenever getting into a shallow pool.
5. Swimming In The Gutter: When the gutter gets backed up, a real go-getter will just remove the sewer grate and make himself a personalized swimming pool.
6. Backyard Pool Hole: I hope they had access to a tractor, because that looks like a whole lot of digging!
7. Tractor Tire Pool: Nothing else will do when you need a pool for two!
8. Repurposed Trailer: Trailer, tarp, plastic, and a tie down. Just add water to these four simple items and you’re in the swimming business!
9. It’s Not Just A Tarp Pool: No way. That’s not JUST A TARP. That’s my swimming pool!
10. Pool In The Cornfield: This one is by far the classiest DIY pool you’ll see today. Country folk sure do know how to class up a cornfield.
11. Swimming In The Toilet: Now that’s just cold! You don’t do things like that to your kid!
12. Indoor Pool: I didn’t think my living room was big enough to house a pool, but these guys sure proved me wrong!
13. Wheelbarrow Cool Down: Personal pools are easy to find, you just have to have a little creativity.
14. Trailer Park Trailer Pool: No, you’re misunderstanding me. My trailer park doesn’t have a community pool, I have one of my very own. It’s in my driveway.
15. Swimming Tote: I got a couple of these pools at Wal-Mart the other day. Apparently I’ve been using them wrong this whole time, for storage and stuff.
16. The Ultimate Parking Lot Party: Tailgating never looked like so much fun. Now you can stay cool while you’re at the pre-game parking lot party.
17. It’s More Of A TRIBRID: Hybrid cars are cool and everything. But this guy’s got a car, truck, and pool all in one. It’s a TRIbrid!
18. My Pool’s A Little Cooler: Yup, it sure is. Is that thing a Coleman? Dang!
19. Tarp And Hay Country Pool: That’s quite a bit of hay, but hey! If you’ve got extra, why not?
20. Boat’s So Big It Has A Pool: I’m thinking that they’re doing it wrong. I thought the boat was supposed to be in the water, not the other way around.
21. Dumpster Pool With A Filter: This guy was in it for the long haul. He really cares about the kids and wanted them to be able to swim in clean water all summer long!
22. Cool Garbage Can Pool: When it’s hot outside, some people will do whatever it takes to keep cool. With that hat though, this guy’s always cool.
23. El Camino Pool: If you’re not old enough to drive it yet, the El Camino will make the ultimate cool pool!
You see that? There were 23 samples that are proof positive that you don’t need a boatload of money to have some of the finer things in life, like a pool. Get to building your version of one of these DIY pools today, and you can be the talk of your town by tomorrow!