Now that the holidays are over and we are starting to get back to normal life around the house, have you noticed that your house is an absolute disaster? Maybe you got too much stuff during the holidays or if you’re like me, you focused on the holidays and not so much on cleaning. Well these 56 DIY organization tips are going to save me a lot of time and money! Time to start making a to-do list so I don’t miss any of them!
1. Hang a tension rod under the sink to hang up cleaning products.
2. Use a magnetic strip to display knives and keep them readily available.
3. Use tension rods in a cupboard to organize cutting boards and platters.
4. Use a magazine display box to store foil, parchment paper, and more.
5. Use a magazine rack to store pot and pan lids out-of-the-way.
6. Hang pots and pans from the ceiling to free up cupboard space.
7. Use magnetic spice racks to display your spices on the side of your fridge.
8. Use different displays to store kitchen utensils like colanders and towels. I like the pegboard idea.
9. If you have a deep drawer in your kitchen, organize your utensils vertically to save space.
10. Organize your fridge with wire shelving, turn tables, or pull out baskets.
11. With bulk items, organize in stackable boxes that are labeled on the outside for quick and easy access.
12. If you need more cupboard space, add vertical shelving to store items like coffee mugs.
13. Boots tend to end up all over the place, but if you hang up the boots using a pants hanger, you will keep the pairs together and free up more floor space.
14. Hang up heels using crown molding.
15. Do you pull out every pair of pants that you own to find the one you’re looking for? Try labeling your hangers.
16. I love this idea! I could definitely get rid of some clothes, but I’m too lazy. I like this idea.
17. You can use metal dividers to organize sweaters and stack them neatly.
18. Save space by hanging ties and belts on a sliding rack in the closet.
19. If you have a lot of sunglasses, this is a great way to see all of your options.
20. I love this idea. All of my purses are stored in a big Tupperware box, which isn’t all that efficient. Use shower hooks to hang up purses to see what ones you have.
21. If you don’t have a jewelry box, you can use hooks on your closet door to display necklaces and bracelets.
22. Organize shoes opposite of each other. This will definitely save some space.
23. Use pool noodles that are cut to size to keep boots upright.
24. Store matching sheets inside the matching pillowcase to keep them organized and together.
25. Never lose those tweezers again by gluing a magnet inside your medicine cabinet.
26. Use a magnetic knife rack in your bathroom to organize hygiene tools.
27. Keep hair appliances organized in your bathroom by storing them in PVC pipe attached to the cabinet.
28. Use a magazine box to store blow dryers, curling irons, and straighteners.
29. This easy project only requires a piece of wood, a few mason jars, and picture hangers. This can be used to store q-tips, cotton balls, and more.
30. Use empty bottles or a paper towel holder to store bracelets.
31. If you have a magnetic palette, store your makeup there to keep it organized.
32. A shelf over the bathroom door gives you added storage space.
33. Hang baskets on rods to store towels and other shower essentials.
34. Check out this awesome DIY magnetic makeup board.
35. This is a great idea for laundry rooms where there isn’t a lot of space.
36. Use a shoe organizer to store cleaning supplies.
37. Get everyone on board with separating laundry with this awesome platform for a laundry room.
38. If you don’t have the space to air dry laundry, paint an old ladder and hang it from the ceiling.
39. Use this great idea to keep your garage organized.
40. Do your kids leave everything all over the garage? Organize their stuff using this a pegboard.
41. Separate screws, nuts, and bolts using mason jars and a board.
42. How cool are these storage bins on the ceiling!
43. If you have a lot of yarn, this is a great way to store it. Use coffee canisters for this storage idea.
44. If you are crafty, this is a great way to get everything organized.
45. Another use for pegboards. Great way to organize everything!
46. Store items in an ottoman to keep them hidden.
47. Store DVD’s in boxes to keep them hidden.
48. Label cables so you know what cord goes to what appliance.
49. If you still have vinyl, what an amazing way to store it and have a place to listen.
50. Organize cables with these great ideas.
51. Label jars and boxes so you know where everything is.
52. Use a shoe organizer in a cupboard for added storage space.
53. Eat lots of Altoids then use the tins to store small items.
54. Reuse yogurt cups by covering them in decorative paper or use small tins to store pencils.
55. Turn a globe into a decorative bowl.
56. Repurpose an old shutter as a magazine rack.
These are all such amazing ideas. I can’t wait to add some of these to my to-do list, even though my husband might not be on board with all of them. I love having a clean, organized home! What a great list of DIY organization tips. Enjoy.