Getting to your hotel room after a long day of traveling can feel like pure bliss sometimes. You’re tired and probably just in a bad mood from having to travel, at least I know I usually am. Getting into your room and just falling onto your bed can be the highlight of the day. We usually don’t give a second thought about how clean the room is because, well people are paid to clean it. We trust the hotel to maintain certain standards of heath and cleanliness as any business should. Well hotel workers are exposing some of the disgusting things that go on in hotels using an app called Whisper. The app allows you to confess secrets with complete anonymity. Some of the confessions are seriously gross and make me never want to step foot into a hotel again. The next time I travel I may think about alternative arrangements for my stay after reading these.
1. Just remember you might be drinking some furniture polish with your water.
2. I don’t know about you, but I love food. Someone taking my food is NOT cool.
3. Note to self, don’t go to any hotels in Glens Falls.
4. Screwing over your co-workers is never a good idea.
5. Knowing some of the people who sleep on hotel beds, this almost made me vomit.
6. I’d be making a call to the health department if I stayed in a place like this.
7. When you rush your check in, the workers may not have time to make sure your room is as clean as it should be.
8. You should never have to ask for this.
9. Don’t piss off the hotel workers, got it.
10. Once a YEAR!? That is seriously unacceptable.
11. Well I’m glad you save time, but I really don’t want to sleep on dirty ass sheets.
12. There seems to be a common theme of not pissing off the hotel workers.
13. Sometimes this can’t be helped.
14. Apparently most hotels aren’t liable for what happens to your car while in the care of the valet. Hand over your keys at your own risk.
15. I would have never thought the furniture would be dirtier than the pool.
I really don’t want to stay in hotels anymore. These are pretty damn disgusting if you ask me. I understand that hotel employees are mostly underpaid and under appreciated. That doesn’t mean you should not be practicing proper sanitation when dealing with linens and glasses. These people really should be ashamed of themselves.