I absolutely love Pinterest. However I try not to get sucked in too much or I will get nothing done at all. It’s so easy to find fun and easy DIY projects that looks so cute, but then you try to execute said DIY project, it ends in total failure. This has happened to me more than I’d like to count, so when I saw these pictures, I had to share. I mostly had to share to help make me feel better about myself and all of the failed DIY projects I’ve tried to accomplish. The people down below were trying for the type of food perfection you see on Pinterest or Tumblr, and although they WERE NOT EVEN CLOSE to getting it right, they did their best. But it’s still SO funny!
1. Minion Cake Fail – I can almost see what they were going for, but that’s only because I have the Pinterest version to look at.
2. Teddy Bear Pancake Fail – As soon as I saw the Pinterest version of this, I knew it’d be hard to re-create.
3. Octopus Pie Fail – For all of the time they put into trying out this pie, it is clearly a fail, which is unfortunate. There is nothing worse than spending hours in the kitchen, only to have the project you are working on not work out at all.
4. Shark Cupcake Fail – Attack of the killer sharks! Oh wait, that’s not a shark. That’s a Twinkie with A LOT of frosting on it.
5. S’mores Cookie Fail – This seems like it would work. I’m glad I got to see the actual finished product so now I know not to try this out myself.
6. Doctor Who Cake Fail – Well at least they tried. Maybe rather than an A for effort, they can get a C for trying.
7. Chicken Cake Pops – The person that tried to re-create this is obviously an overachiever. There is just no possible way they are ever going to turn out looking like the original picture.
8. Ice Cream Sundae Fail
9. Little Mermaid Cake Fail – Maybe this is what happens to mermaids if they are on the surface for way too long.
10. Hedgehog Cake Fail – Look at the teeth on the bottom one! Those are terrifying.
11. Breakfast Fail – I’ve actually tried to make these, and while they did turn out better than the one on the right, they look nowhere near what the ones on the left look like.
12. Strawberry Snowman Fail – I can see where they were trying to go with this, but it definitely did not work out in their favor.
13. Shark Cake Fail – Alright, I’m actually going to have nightmares over this cake fail.
14. Cookie Mold Fail – This is another one that I’ve wanted to try, but they do just look too good to be true. Now I know and I’ll save myself the embarrassment.
15. Cake Pop Fail – The bottom cake pops look like they are covered in something spooky like spider webs. I guess if it’s Halloween time, they succeeded.
16. Pumpkin Popcorn Ball Fail – This seems like another one where they just didn’t try all that hard.
17. Minecraft Cupcake Fail – This has the potential to be very cute, especially if you have a child who LOVES Minecraft.
I don’t know about you, but after looking through these failed DIY projects I feel a lot better about the projects I have tried and failed at. I’ve tried so many projects and only about half of them where even worth sharing. Now I know that I’m not alone. After seeing these, will you continue trying different DIY projects or is it just time to throw in the towel?