Well let’s face it, the world has become a different place to live basically overnight. As per the latest recommendations according to the CDC, if you’re lucky enough to leave your house, we should be wearing a face mask wherever we go. Instead of waiting on a manufacturer to come up with a solution, these crafty DIY’ers have taken things into their own hands. These DIY face masks that are amazing. They are something we all need to think more about. If you are a crafty and creative person. Take a little inspiration from these pictures and see what you can come up with! They say that necessity is the mother of invention and that shines through here in these weird and unprecedented times we are living. Take a look!
1. Very elegant.
2. Anything is better than nothing if you ask me. Great job!
3. The end of the world never looked so good.
4. This is a great time to start learning a new skill. Sewing can be a lifesaver.
5. This mask goes great with a nice chianti and fave beans.
6. This mask owner has some serious talent. I wonder if they are taking commissions.
7. It wants to be normal but I think this one would freak me out.
8. Now we’re talking! I would love to see this alien mask in person.
9. I know we all have a little extra time on our hands lately but this is ridiculous. I want it.
10. Very creative. A wooden mask with a gold nose bridge. Now that’s classy.
11. It’s stunning. I guess this is the new normal. Face masked weddings. How do you kiss the bride?
12. Would you trust that straw? Not me no way.
13. A little Mad Max makes for a badass mask.
14. This one might be one of my favorites. We all need a little laughter these days.
15. One thing I miss the most is seeing people smile. I wish I saw more of these.
16. Another Alien mask for the win.
17. The old Plague mask is making a return. Let’s hope this one is effective.
18. 3-D Printers, your time to shine is NOW.
19. Where do I get one? This is hilarious.
20. And possibly my favorite. I can’t stop looking at it. Look closer, you’ll see.
It’s so weird to me to think that this is the new “normal” but I’m happy to see that people around the world are taking it seriously. We all want things to go back to normal but times like this bring out the best in people. People are embracing their creativity, their passions and we are all learning new things. These masks are only the beginning and as more time passes I assume that we will see many more. Let the masks go to the front-line responders and try out a DIY mask yourself. What can you come up with?