Do you remember those pictures back in the 1990’s where you would stare and stare until an object started to appear? They were optical illusions, and honestly I was never able to see the hidden image. I would stare and stare but nothing ever appeared. I felt like my eyes were lying to me since everyone around me was able to see it. But I guess I’m just one of those unlucky people who weren’t able to enjoy these pictures. But after seeing these crazy real pictures, I’m almost tempted to go get my eyes checked. I don’t wear glasses, but maybe that’s on the horizon. These 21 pictures make my eyes hurt, but also have my brain working in overdrive trying to figure out how they are even possible.
1. A 3D image projected on a tree that was taken by photographer, Clement Briend.
2. A diver in the Aquadome in Berlin. This is located at The Radisson Blu Hotel.
3. No, she wasn’t photoshopped in. It came down to her hair dye and makeup. This is pretty impressive and makes it very easy to find her.
4. Brutus The Bear is actually a pet.
5. A National Geographic photographer was at the right place at the right time, and able to capture this amazing picture of a cloud.
6. If you look closely, you’ll see that there is not a safety device giving daredevil, Dean Potter, any added support. Here he is walking on a tightrope, thousands of feet in the air, in Yosemite National Park.
7. Here’s another amazing look at someone dressed up in black and white. This is drag performer Matthew Sanderson at the red carpet event before RuPaul’s Drag Race finale party.
8. It looks like this building is melting, but that’s not the case at all. This is just a drape that has been dropped over the building giving it this unique illusion.
9. The Dubai skyline peeking through the clouds. Now those are some TALL buildings!
10. An amazing picture taken by Philippe Ramette. This one definitely makes my brain hurt.
11. Here is a picture of the very elusive Giant Goldfish. While there have been many rumors about this fish, it had never been caught. Raphael Biagini, pictured above, hunted this fish for 6 months. When he finally caught the fish, he spent 10 minutes reeling it in.
12. Wait!?! Where did the other player’s head go?
13. This House In Black was originally a part of a 2008 public art piece. It was designed by Erik Sturm and Simon Jung, and was located in Möhringen, Germany.
14. If you’re ever in Santa Maria, Spain, make sure to check out the ‘Magic Tap’ at the Santa Maria Water Park.
15. How cool does this look? It’s a man-made funnel that helps with flooding.
16. A telephone pole that was destroyed in a fire, yet it still hangs there.
17. Well I kind of want one of these! It’s a pony/zebra hybrid.
18. Check out this awesome hotel in South Korea! It’s the Sun Cruise Hotel and you can stay there too.
19. These soldiers really couldn’t be lined up any better.
20. At one point, this train track in New Zealand was perfectly straight, but then an earthquake hit and this is what happened.
21. This kid is walking on water. He might want to take advantage of this picture.
Did any of these pictures make your mind go a little crazy? I would love to see the man-made funnel in person, along with the hotel in South Korea. Or how about that awesome Aquadom in Berlin? Would you want to go diving there? I’m kind of afraid of water, so the idea of diving in front of a ton of people staying at the hotel would make me even more nervous than I already would be.