Our mind work in ways that really don’t make sense to us all the time. Optical illusions work by taking a pattern, light or color and using it to mislead our brains. Images of what you are seeing are gathered by the eye and processed by the brain, however what your brain processes and what is actually going on are two different things. It doesn’t take very long, sometimes just 1/10 of a second, but that is all it takes to confuse your brain sometimes. Do you trust your eyes all the time? Do you have always have assurance that what you’re seeing is really what is there? Well after looking at these crazy optical illusions you won’t.
1. Stare at the center of the cross and watch what happens to the celebrity faces. The longer you stare the worse it gets. Creepy huh?
2. This looks like just a giant taped X. In reality it’s something I never would have guessed.
3. Check out what happens when these diamonds are moved across the board.
4. So apparently these boxes are the same color…I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.
5. This triangle defies the laws of physics…..the ones that I know.
6. I think I have this one figured out. The floor has to slant upwards right?
7. These are what are known as anamorphic illustrations.
8. This is just weird. How is that even possible?
9. This thing gives me the creeps. I can’t tell if it’s the soulless eyes or the fact that he has a face on both side of his head.
10. This one seems pretty simple. Some clever placement with the letters and then rotating the camera.
11. This just seems like a really cool and practical table. I would totally buy one of these.
12. B is clearly bigger than A. Wait, no, A is bigger than B. No? I give up.
13. I would be sacred to sit in this. What kind of sorcery is at work here?
14. Did he just rip…..yes, yes he did.
15. This shows the power of perspective at work on your brain. Bringing things closer or putting them farther away can completely changes how we see things.
16. Apparently these are falling at the same speed. Does anyone else want to call bull crap?
17. Did anyone else panic a little bit right before the camera turned and showed that those barriers were just drawings?
18. This is pretty crazy, I honestly though this was just a regular cube when I first saw it.
19. Clearly these three cars are different sizes right? Apparently not.
20. Follow the directions, I promise you’ll be happy you did.
I don’t think I am ever going to be able to trust my eyes again after looking at all these crazy optical illusions. The principles that some of these are based on are pretty easy to figure out, some of them though are just downright strange. All of them however are actively tricking our brains into seeing things that aren’t there, or not seeing things that are there. I think I’m gonna go try some of these myself.