Right now there is a lot of uncertainty in the world with the spread of the Coronavirus and communities are coming together in a mature way to deal with the global pandemic. Social gatherings have been cancelled, restaurants and bars have closed their doors and people are practicing social distancing for a while. Schools have closed to prevent the spread of this alarming virus. There are people taking proactive steps to ensure the comfort and safety of their families during this time which is a good thing. Practice good hygiene and praise those who are helping the situation right now. During times like this, history has proven that there will always be jerks who try to take advantage of a situation. The internet is famous for allowing a platform for people to express their concerns and even call out their neighbors for being total jerks in a public atmosphere. Well the Coronavirus has proven to be no different and there are some complete jerks out there who are taking advantage. Of course there are some unsung heroes who made it a point to call them out and it is awesome. Take a look at these 30 total jerks who were called out for taking advantage of the Covid-19 outbreak.
1. The elderly are the ones who are the most affected by the virus and shouldn’t be in public if they don’t have to be. Thankfully there are good people who want to help.
2. The eggs are gone. Why are people panic buying eggs right now? Eggs go bad, these eggs won’t grow chickens so what’s the plan in two weeks?
3. The chaos is creating more chaos. They say the early bird gets the worm. You have to be early if you want to get your essentials without the 3 hour lines.
4. This picture was taken at Costco.. Is it a little drastic? Is everyone going to poop more than usual?
5. The news is urging people not to panic, but posting these images. What does anyone expect from this?
6. These two are buying as much hand sanitizer as they can carry. This kind of hoarding never ends well. Take what you need and leave the rest for others who need.
7. Low stocked and ransacked shelves at a Tesco after panic buying.
8. A father and sister of a St. Louis County woman with Coronavirus violated their quarantine by attending a school dance.
9. I sincerely hope this person isn’t hoarding this much milk and taking it to a retirement home or some large facility. How does someone refrigerate this much milk anyway?
10. These guys need a reality check in a bad way.
11. This is the local Costco after the school closures were announced.
12. It’s not the virus that’s alarming. It’s the impact it is having on our economy and our supplies.
13. Price gouging is illegal during a state of emergency….
14. Dried beans are Seattle’s food of choice amidst the worry.
15. This Canadian couple is reselling sanitization wipes for around $65 USD a pack. Simple supply and demand at the moment.
16. This person bought 3 pallets of disinfectant wipes… This person is a huge part of the panic problem.
17. I sincerely hope this is a joke. A pizza place should be the last place to run out of toilet paper!
18. Acting entitled isn’t helping anyone. This girl defines selfishness.
19. This person in Utah is trying to sell all of this via Facebook groups. The DA is going to have a word with them.
20. This person is selling out of the back of her car. Price gouging during an emergency is totally illegal. Not to mention just plain wrong.
21. Someone’s child has a cold completely unrelated to the Coronavirus but they are unable to find any medication to help because people are buying everything they can find.
22. There is absolutely no reason to hoard this much toilet paper. It’s not even going to fit in their jeep.
23. The U.S. government has asked that people only buy a week or two’s worth of groceries. This person was bragging about how much he was going to make marking these thermometers up.
24. How quickly was this brilliant idea shut down?
25. Some people are a bigger problem than others. Is this lady serious?
26. I think the guy with the case of Coronas has the right idea!
27. I’m not saying that you shouldn’t be prepared. I’m saying that there is an option of being prepared within reason and understanding. Panic buying is a problem which will lead to a bigger problem.
28. If this is you… You are creating a problem for everyone else and it’s illegal to price gouge. So what are you doing?
29. Best boss’s response ever!
30. This model citizen traveled over 1,000 miles to buy 17,000 bottles of sanitizer and wipes. People realized what he was doing and now he cannot find any buyers.
The Coronavirus is a very real threat to the health of our communities and it is an even bigger threat to an already susceptible economy. There are two paths we can take while we all ride this out. Both will come to a conclusion sooner than later however what we do dictates how fast and how easy this goes. We can work together, ration, practice social distancing, work where and how we can and focus on the helpers in the community. That or we can panic and hoard supplies while shutting ourselves off from society while trying to make a buck off of people in panic mode. Both journeys will eventually end and things will hopefully stop the spread and return to normal with minimal casualties but the latter choice will only result in more problems, a resentful community in panic, and a lot of hatred and irrationality.