People are carving pineapples this year instead of pumpkins. Yes, a pineapple jack o’ lantern carving is now becoming the Halloween trend for a tropical theme.
As odd as it sounds, the results are actually even more terrifying than pumpkins. Here are 18 examples of what people have come up with so far.
1. People actually started carving pineapples a while ago where it’s easier to get pineapples than pumpkins such as Hawaii and other beach towns.
2. It’s definitely a unique way to stand out from all the pumpkins out there.
3. The finished design can be both spooky and tropical.
4. Obviously, use gloves so you don’t get poked.
5. Just like a pumpkin, the inside must be scooped out of the pineapple before it can be carved into whatever design the person wants.
6. The prickly surface of the pineapple makes the designs come out spookier.
8. Pineapples will be more difficult to carve than a pumpkin because of their harder (and pricklier) exterior.
9. But it’s worth it.
Are you going to be carving a pineapple this year instead of a pumpkin? Let us know in the comments below.