Unless a bird is already a famous mascot, a symbol of freedom or well-known for having a particular trait, I would comfortably guess that we have no idea what 90% of the bird species flying above us are. There is an estimated 10,000 different species of birds around the world and nearly 1,200 in the United States alone. Mexico and Canada have roughly the same amount of different species as well who are migratory. There are so many different birds flying over us every day and were too busy to notice. Lisa, who goes by the name Ostdrossel on her social media, is an exception and pays very close attention to the differences in birds. When I say close attention, I mean really close attention. She has set up a camera in her yard and sets out different types of food to attract different birds. The camera has a motion sensor so all she has to do is set out some food and wait. She can see up to 7,000 photos a day from the exciting bird activity. Here are some of the most amazing shots she has captured so far. They are incredible.
1. The camera she uses is very simple yet surprisingly effective.
2. Rejoicing for the delicious food!
3. Whaaaaaat!? You’ll have to speak up.
4. Larry, Curly and Moe gather together for some seeds and worms.
5. Blushing love birds.
6. One puffy charmer proud of their meal.
7. Chomp, chomp, chomp.
8. Remember to chew your food! Do birds chew?
9. I don’t think you can fit anymore little bird.
10. This red-breasted robin is about to have a big belly.
11. Might be a little over-ambitious on this one little guy.
12. What kind of bird is this!?!
13. The feathers on this cardinal are so vibrant and gorgeous!
14. The art of flight is the result of pure freedom.
15. Don’t look at me!
16. This guy doesn’t mess around!
17. Do all birds bite off more than they can chew?
18. Things in motion will stay in motion!
19. Little red riding hood.
20. The contrast in the feathers is incredible.
21. DUCK!! No you, not an actual duck!
22. Birds pondering life.
23. What are you looking at!?
24. I requested organic seeds! What is this!?
25. Excuse me but may I have some of these fine seeds please?
26. This lovely bird looks amazing with the fall colors.
27. Is it cool if I have this treat? Thanks!
28. Seeing a hummingbird is a sign of good luck!
29. Bill, are you seeing what I’m seeing? Yea Tim, I don’t trust it either.
30. It’s mine, all mine!
31. Battle Royale!!!
32. The food is mine, you cannot has any.
33. Want to hear a secret? No secrets until I get a snack first.
34. What are you looking at?
35. I am convinced all birds are glutenous.
36. And very easily offended.
37. While we try to make ourselves look smaller, birds do the opposite.
38. No matter what, they are always so graceful.
39. They are beautiful symbols of nature and freedom.
40. No matter the size, they are powerful creatures.
41. This is what pure love looks like.
42. Are you talking to me? Hello in there!?
43. Just your typical husband and wife talking about what they want to eat.
44. Look at me, I have people teefs.
45. These love birds are happy to show off their admiration.
You can view more of her pictures by visiting her website.