Some of the most beautiful things in the world can be found in nature. This is definitely the case with these trees. These trees are from around the world and have become iconic attractions that people actually travel to view first hand. Now not all of these are actually trees, some are giant vines, shrubs, and others belong to the grass family but they are HUGE and beautiful so we are going to give them a pass just for the sake of this post. Here they are in their glory and they are phenomenal. Mother Nature got it right with these ones.
1. The 125+ year old Rhododendron in Canada
2. A 144-year-old Wisteria in Japan
3. New Zealand’s wind bent trees
4. A colorful Japanese Maple in Portland, Oregon
5. Antarctic Beech Tree draped in hanging moss, Oregon
6. Blooming Cherry Trees in Bonn, Germany
7. Angel Oak in John’s Island, South Carolina
8. Flamboyant Tree, Brazil
9. Dragonblood Trees, Yemen
10. The third largest Giant Sequoia in the world, California
11. Maple Tree Tunnel in Oregon
12. Rainbow Eucalyptus Tree in Kauai, Hawaii
13. Jacarandas in Cullinan, South Africa
14. Avenues of Oaks at Dixie Plantation in South Carolina
15. Baobab trees in Madagascar
16. The Dark Hedges of Northern Ireland. Also seen in Game of Thrones.
These trees are absolutely breathtaking. I couldn’t even imagine seeing one of these in person, let alone having them in your own backyard. I know if I had any of these relatively close by, I’d be sitting under that tree, reading every day for hours on end.