Awesome custom cars are one of my favorite things in the world. The amount of individuality and personality that can be put into custom cars is pretty much endless. You can do internal modifications to the engine to make the car faster or louder. You can also do so many things visually to give your car the look and feel that you want it to have. Some people like outrageous designs that will give their car a unique look you won’t find anywhere else. While others like their awesome custom cars to be top of the line performance vehicles. Whatever your niche in the car community is, these pictures are sure to give you some ideas of what you might want to do, and probably some that you would never do in a million years. These are pretty outrageous.
1. Who wouldn’t want Bob Ross’s smiling face on the hood of their car?
2. Apparently this is the upgraded security system you can buy with the car.
3. Chromed out everything. This thing gives me a headache just from the picture.
4. All I can really say is “Why”? And that I’m hungry now.
5. As a Star Wars nerd, I have to say this car is fantastic. I can only hope it’s a fully functioning R2-D2 in the back.
6. This bare frame little roadster would be fun on the freeway.
7. It may look weird, but to me this would be the ultimate tailgating SUV.
8. Apparently people are really passionate about putting Star Wars airbrushing onto their vehicles. But hey, I’m not complaining.
9. This looks like a cross between the Flintstones and something the Devil would drive to work.
10. The instant I saw this car I thought of Cruella Deville from 101
11. This is now the 18th hole!
12. I don’t know about you but if a pizza delivery guy showed up in the this, I would sincerely question what’s in that pizza.
13. I feel like this is what rich kids should show up to school in.
14. I really have no idea what’s going on with this car. Seems like a lot of random parts thrown together if you ask me.
15. Who doesn’t like some extended pipes on a car? Apparently he didn’t think about where the exhaust would go however.
16. Poor man’s Ferrari or Photoshop?
17. I would be scared to death if I saw this van coming up behind me. Too weird.
18. Like I said, people really love airbrushing Star Wars themes onto their vehicles.
19. This little wooden convertible is one of my favorites. Just don’t crash in it….
20. This little mural is pretty awesome. I love that the rest of the car blends right in with the sky.
21. Apparently that one door is all he needs to keep himself safe. I’ll bet he gets amazing gas mileage.
22. Car-boat? Boat-Car? Whatever it is, it has my attention and probably almost everyone else’s on the road as well.
23. Getting a new set of tires every other month just doesn’t seem fun to me.
24. Apparently someone really wanted to be a tank driver when they were little. I just hope he has some life-size GI Joe’s to go with it.
25. This is one of the cooler things I’ve seen. This is what I think of when I hear about an awesome custom car.
26. Having a mobile home is one of my dreams. This guy took it to a whole other level though.
27. This beast would be perfect for the zombie apocalypse or driving straight into a tornado. Let’s hope this guy is as good with a gun as he is making awesome custom cars.
28. This is just weird. Must be a My Little Pony fan.
29. This guy can’t be able to see anything to the side of him. Kinda dangerous if you ask me.
30. Dino car! The paint scheme is pretty unique as well.
31. Whatever this thing is, I want it!
32. Apparently the car was still too big, so they decided to take off the entire front and only go with two back wheels.
33. I love Ghost Busters, so to me this thing is pretty awesome. It even has a spot for the proton packs up top! Who ya gonna call?
34. This guy put his entire life savings ON his car.
35. Who says wood grain only belongs on the inside of the vehicle?
36. I feel like this Explorer belongs in a Mad Max movie. I would totally rock this during the apocalypse.
37. Don’t sit too close behind this van, the rocket engines might just melt your car!
38. I’ve dreamed of having an Explorer from Jurassic Park ever since I saw the movie as a kid. I wonder if he has the night vision goggles inside?
39. My first thought is, “Why would you do that to a classic car”? My second thought is, “Where did you get the life-size replicas of Homer and Marge”?
40. I really have no idea what this is supposed to be, but it seems like something Bat Girl would drive.
Creating or modifying something with your own two hands can be one of the most satisfying things in the world. When it’s a car that can be seen and appreciated by everyone, it makes that sense of pride of even bigger. And while there are many awesome custom cars on the road, some are just unmitigated disasters. Really though, the only thing that matters is that you are happy with the outcome and that it functions properly. So take your imagination and let it run wild and create something that is uniquely you.