Isn’t it amazing how beautiful words can be? They are so simple, yet they can touch our hearts in so may ways. These words will make you feel things, deep down things.
1. Nothing haunts us like the things we don’t say.
2. Sometimes I’m terrified of my heart; of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants. The way it stops and starts.
3. The best people possess a feeling for beauty, the courage to take risks, the discipline to tell the truth, the capacity for sacrifice. Ironically, their virtues make them vulnerable; they are often wounded, sometimes destroyed.
4. We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours.
5. Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don’t.
6. Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.
7. There is no greater agony that bearing an untold story inside you.
8. I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to explore all the things I’m afraid of.
9. Speak in such a way that others love to listen to you. Listen in such a way that others love to speak to you.
10. Sciamachy – A battle again imaginary enemies; fighting your shadow.
11. She never looked nice: she looked like art, and art wasn’t supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something.
12. Sometimes, just one second.
13. She’s mad but she’s magic. There’s no lie in her fire.
14. Anything that gets your blood racing is probably worth doing.
15. Sometimes getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.
16. You are so brave and quiet I forget you are suffering.
17. I loved her not for the way she danced with my angels but for the way the sound of her name could silence my demons.
18. If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you’re fooling yourself. That’s like expecting the lion to not eat you because you didn’t eat him.
19. She always had that about her, that look of otherness, of eyes that see much too far, and of thoughts that wander off the edge of the world.
20. It is a risk to love. What if it doesn’t work out? Ah, but what if it does.
21. not only did I love her, but I could tell the universe loved her, too. More than others. She was different. After all, I would be a fool not to notice the way the sunshine played with her hair.
22. La douleur exquise: the heart-wrenching pain of wanting the affection of someone unattainable.
23. Be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud.
24. Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
25. Nothing haunts us like the things we don’t say.
26. I always wonder why birds stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth. Then I ask myself the same question.
27. When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew.
28. You have to diet a few times before you can really live.
29. The problem is not the problem; the problem is your attitude about the problem.
I like to save these quotes and when I am feeling down or unmotivated I read them. It’s sometimes hard to find motivation, but these wise and beautiful words can give the inspiration we need to get going.