Wanna know a dirty little secret? I have a problem. I like to check out home improvements and DIY’s, and then dream. Dream about someday putting together the ultimate house that has ALL of the coolest things in one place. Unfortunately I’ve got too small of a house with too much stuff. One day I’ll have a larger home and be able to work some of these amazing ideas into the decor. Until then, here’s to dreaming.
1. See Through Floor: A beach house is probably the only house that could pull this off. A see through floor in my house would show the creepy, spider infested crawl space. Nothing to brag about there!
2. Reading Cave: Your own personal sanctuary in the woods.
3. Scenic Sun Shades: Just in case you get tired of staring at the brick wall across the way, these cityscapes are pretty cool.
4. Tree House in the House: What a clever and artistic way to utilize the attic space.
5. Stair Storage: Another amazing way to utilize a bountiful amount of normally wasted space.
6. Wall Clock: Turn your home into a clock tower. Why? Because superheroes headquarters are in clock towers, and who doesn’t want to be a superhero?
7. Reading Nook: A window helps your mind open up while you have your nose in a book.
8. River Table: This table is a piece of art. A couple of pieces of wood help make the top of this table look like a river runs through it.
9. Reading Room/Loft Bed: I totally wish that they had things like this when I was a kid. Unfortunately the girlfriend won’t let me have a loft bed like that.
10. Pastel Stained Glass: There’s no need to let your life stay boring and colorless. A little stained glass may be all that you need.
11. Let Nature In: Sometimes you just have to build around the nature that’s already there. The tree will undoubtedly be an instant conversation starter.
12. Warm Fire, Starry Night: Interpreting pieces of art and putting your twist on it, often times creates a thing of beauty. This is a fireplace I’d like to cozy up to when it’s cold outside.
13. Forest Shadows: This is pretty cool for the adults. I’m not so sure that I’d be able to put one in a kid’s room without creating a few extra nightmares.
14. Living Wall: Maintenance free gardening in your bathroom. A steamy shower or bath everyday should be enough to keep this display well fed.
15. Fiber Optic Floor: That would be a trip when you turn all the other lights out.
16. Out of This World Glowing Mural: This has got to be one of the coolest things that I’ve ever seen. When I was younger, we thought the glow in the dark stars were pretty cool. This is what I envisioned when I meticulously mapped out the galaxy on my ceiling all those years ago.
17. Sun Catcher Table: If randomly dispersed random colors floating around your house sounds like your cup of tea, you better go get one of these sun catcher tables.
18. Cosmos Wall: I could sit or stand in front of this wall for hours. My very own portal to the cosmos would really allow my mind to wander.
19. Escher Inspired Lizard Floor: How cool is this wood flooring inspired by M.C. Escher’s drawing?
20. Art Inspiring Rug: I’ve had almost this exact same pattern on my desk with my ‘to do list,’ made out of a mountain of sticky notes.
21. Pirate Ship Clubhouse: “Second star to the right and straight on ’til morning.” It’s a little ridiculous how much I would love a pirate fort in my house!
22. Reading Lounge: So beautiful and elegant.
23. Stair Hammock: Hammocks are always a good idea.
24. Sea Shell Sink: Well, there’s something I’ve never seen before.
25. Tree House: That’s quite interesting. It’s literally a house built around a tree.
26. Bath Under the Sea: If you want to be under the sea in an octopus’ garden, then here’s some bath time fun for you.
27. Tree’s Sacrifice Table: How amazing would it be to have a giant tree turned into a piece of artwork that you call a table. That’s so cool.
28. Family Tree: A creative and simple way to display your family tree!
29. White Room Revamp: White room, thousands of stickers. I think the kids had a hay day.
30. What’s in Your Head… Board: For the bookworm that can’t decide what to read tonight.
31. Red Marker, White Floor: Feeling vindicated after all the yelling about coloring on the floors and walls.
32. Nature Inspired Four Poster: There’s a lot going on here. It’s pretty great how the comforter design is continued onto the wall.
33. Hammock Bath: This looks so much more comfortable than my normal, boring tub.
34. Space Rug: With as much as I find myself staring off into space, I’d hang this on my wall. At least then, I would have an excuse.
35. Secret Rotating Walls: For those of you with something to hide, or have a desperate need to fulfill your fantasies of becoming a spy.
36. Skate Park House: Changing all the rules. Now you can just laugh at all the people telling their kids, “No skating in the house!”
37. Big Drop in the Bathroom: This bathroom will let you drop a lot of puns, and scare the crap out of your unsuspecting house guests.
38. Water Ripple Wall: Not for those of you who are susceptible to motion sickness.
39. Bicycle Sink: Way to repurpose that vintage bike.
40. Steam Punk Zeppelin Light: How cool. What a conversation piece this blimp would be.
41. Glowing Orbs: You can sit in this chair and totally understand what it would feel like to be one of the mythical Titans.
42. Amazing Fireplace: What a fantastic creature to contain the flames and carry the smoke away.
43. Book Shelf in the Sky: Beautiful for everyone. Just hope you’re not afraid of heights.
While not all of these are feasible, they are all really cool and original. I think I’ll be adding a few of these to my wish list for when I buy my dream home.