Our world is an incredibly awesome place. The fact that we get to live here should never be taken for granted. We have discovered so much in our short time on this planet, and comparatively it really has been a short time. Empires have come and gone. We have developed technology that would be beyond the wildest dreams of our ancestors. Yet there is still so much more that we have yet to learn. So much to be discovered and shared with the world. Here are 50 shocking facts that you probably had no idea about. They are crazy, but 100% true.
1. I need to start doing this with my job.
2. Maybe we can just start treating the food we eat more humanely in general.
3. There has to be special powers contained in it, right?
4. Wow, your loofa needs some constant upkeep.
5. I’ll take those odds every time….in Yahtzee that is.
6. They still wouldn’t be enough to hold up all those things on your refrigerator.
7. There has to be some kind of sorcery involved in this right?
8. This just happened to me with a car I recently bought.
9. Probably one of the weirder things I’ve learned in quite some time.
10. This is an incredibly alarming scientific fact and something that needs to be a dealt with as soon as possible.
11. I’m pretty sure this describes me. I’ve always wondered why it happened.
12. So is it safe to say that some art is just ridiculous?
13. Well this is really infuriating to be honest. Now I’m going to think about this every time I use one.
14. Making the summit of this mountain used to be considered one of the most extreme accomplishments man could ever achieve.
15. This is probably one of the most badass displays from an animal I’ve ever heard of.
16. Well isn’t that interesting.
17. Tug of war should definitely be added back in.
18. Keep your furry friend nice and healthy next winter.
19. This doesn’t seem possible does it? How can we simply track water?
20. Ninjas over pirates, all day long.
21. Now if only he could actually drive a train!
22. Nowadays getting your beard touched is a compliment.
23. By happy accident we have one of the most useful vaccines ever created.
25. This is probably the strangest plague I’ve ever heard of.
26. Maybe I could finally accomplish my dream of dunking!
27. Those are some pretty extreme measures to make sure this evil was snuffed out completely.
28. Even with all these precautions, this would still be one of the scariest jobs there is.
29. I was probably one of those statistics. I didn’t put the books down until I was done reading them.
30. Maybe that is what this generation needs doctors to prescribe, instead of all these pills they keep pushing down our throats.
31. Taking a boat here would be extremely cool, also very unnerving as well though.
32. This is like some sci-fi movie kinda stuff right here.
33. What would possess them to even make these? I mean….what’s the point!
34. A movie should be made about these. This is definitely not a coincidence.
35. This dog has more guts than a lot of people.
36. I apparently have this because I do it ALL the time.
37. This is a gift in my opinion. I wish my memory was half as good as this.
38. If the Nazis are deeming something too dangerous, you know you should probably just steer clear.
40. This highway pretty much turned into a mini-city.
41. You no longer have any excuse to not help with the dishes.
42. One simple thing could have saved countless lives and re-written history.
43. I don’t care what science says, this is real.
44. So wait, it can’t happen with humans but it can happen with pistachios?
45. Note to self, don’t be mean to the crows.
46. No one will ever overdose from smoking it. Scientific facts right there.
47. I used to do this a lot as a kid.
48. Living in California has always been a goal of mine, Loma Linda now sounds like a nice place to set down roots.
49. It’s like a tsunami just hit the water bowl after my dogs were done drinking.
50. So when your mother told you not to go outside with wet hair cause you would catch a cold, she was full of crap.
51. This does not diminish my love of beer in the slightest.
52. I don’t know about you, but I’ve seen a ton of ants in my day.
53. It’s sad that one man tainted this symbol that brought hope and positive vibes to so many people throughout history.
54. Just one more thing that makes us the best.
55. Another reason why the ocean can be a terrifying place.
56. I want to know the micromorts for every situation I get into.
57. This plant is smarter than some people….I know adults who can’t count.
58. It would be pretty cool to have a hair style named after you.
59. Before you know it there will be something like a “sharknado”…..
60. It’s crazy that we know so little about what makes up 70% of our Earth.
I can honestly say that I did not know about 90% of these. Many of them really were pretty shocking. You really can learn new and astonishing things about our world every day. There is much that we still don’t know or just can’t make sense of on this planet and in our universe. Humans will always keep striving to gain new knowledge and experience though. That really is what separates us from every other species.