Having a home, whether you are renting or buying, can always be a challenge. You want it to reflect who you are, but also you want it to be a place where you can go to relax. Over the years I have focused on making my house more of a home. I want it to be a little slice of heaven in the middle of all the hustle and bustle. I’ve done this by decorating it the way I want it to look, adding paint here and there, and working on the backyard making it my own personal sanctuary. Even though I’ve put in a lot of time and effort, my house does not compare to the following 36 home must-haves. After seeing these, I’ve just realized that my to-do list got a whole lot longer and I’m going to need to win the lottery to make some of these happen. But hey, a girl can dream, right?
1. Fire Pit Pool – Imagine going for a swim on a summer night, just to swim up to the fire pit and roast some marshmallows.
2. Ping Pong Door – While it looks like a regular door when it’s all put away, all you have to do is flip it down and you have an awesome game table.
3. Produce Drawers – By installing these produce drawers, you allow for your fruits and vegetables to be chilled and they’re also easily accessible, especially if you have the drawers installed near the stove.
4. Wine Cellar Floor – With this awesome staircase, you can store hundreds and hundreds of bottles of wine. All you have to do is lift up the floor window and grab your favorite bottle.
5. Sleepover Room – If you have friends over often, this is the perfect room for you! Rather than couches, turn your floor into a giant bed. It’s perfect for relaxing and watching movies either by yourself or with friends. But be careful, you might have a hard time getting your friends to leave.
6. Light Switch Door – This door handle allows you to turn off your light switch as you leave the room. This would be great for kids. No more excuses as to why all of the lights in the house are on when nobody is home.
7. Swing Set Kitchen Table – While this is really cool looking, I think my family would have an extremely hard time focusing on dinner while they are sitting on a swing.
8. TV Bathtub – Relax in style with this bathtub that has a built in TV. You can take a nice hot bath while watching your favorite show.
9. Glass Fireplace – This enclosed glass fireplace allows you and your guests to have the perfect spot. Nobody will be crowding around the fire, since it’s accessible on all 4 sides.
10. Hammock Loft – Rather than putting a floor in place in your loft, add a hammock. You might not want to allow any snacks up there in case they fall down on the people below, but you can relax in the comfort of your own home while in a hammock.
11. Indoor/Outdoor Pool – This pool allows you to get out of the sun while not even leaving the water. You get to take in the rays, then swim inside for some shade.
12. Large Round Bedroom Window – Yes, there are lots of bedrooms that have large windows, but this one is round and opens like a window on a ship. Since you can turn it to open the window, you can adjust how much or how little of a breeze you want.
13. Stained Glass Door – You can get little glass tiles or use glass that you have on hand to cover your window in stained glass, allowing for a rainbow of color at just the right time.
14. Hidden Bookshelf Stairs – I love having books in the house, but sometimes a bookshelf can be an eye sore. Imagine hiding your books behind the stairs, but still having them easily available when needed.
15. Permanent Doggie Pool – Pamper your pooch with this built in doggie pool. Your dog will love you more than they already do.
16. Waterfall Bathtub – This one looks too amazing to be true. A waterfall that flows into your bathtub. I don’t think I would ever get out.
17 – Waterfall Hot Tub – Speaking of waterfalls, what if you had a waterfall surrounding your hot tub, separating it from your pool? Not only does it add a small level of privacy and keeps you secluded, it makes this pool look better than most.
18. Swimming Pond – If you like to enjoy the great outdoors, but want to have a pool built at your house, a swimming pond is the perfect design. It takes the natural elements around it, while still providing a relaxing pool in the comfort of your own backyard.
19. Two-Story Closet – I know a lot of people who dream of having a closet like this one day. I once saw a house that had a two-story closet that also had an elevator installed!
20. Never Ending Bed – Imagine rolling out of bed just to land on another bed. This would definitely lower my productivity level. I would roll out of one bed, land on the other bed, and go right back to sleep. But then again, if I win the lottery, it won’t matter when I get out of bed.
21. Extendable Balcony – Especially when living in an apartment, a balcony can be your one place to get away without leaving, but it can also be a cause for concern when it comes to security. With this extendable balcony, you can retract it while you are gone to ensure you don’t get any unwanted visitors.
22. Pantry Fridge – This fridge is built into a pantry making it so all of your food is in one spot. If you love to cook, you will understand that it can be a giant pain when you have to grab ingredients from your fridge, then your pantry, etc. This would definitely cut down on your prep time.
23. Staircase Aquarium – I wonder how many people have fallen down these stairs because they were mesmerized by the fish swimming within arms reach of them.
24. Staircase Bridge – Before I saw this picture, I never thought much of what goes underneath a staircase, but now that I’ve seen this, it makes so much sense. Why do we typically put storage under our stairs? Imagine turning the space under the stairs into a highly used corridor of your house!
25. Glass Enclosed Basement Pool – Not only is the pool enclosed in glass which is absolutely incredible, it also offers views of the pool from the basement.
26. Swim Up Bar – If I had a pool at my house with a swim up bar, I probably would never leave. I’d have to hire someone as a bartender to ensure I never get sick of the drinks I’m drinking.
27. Yin Yang Bathtubs – These bathtubs allow you to take a bath with your loved one while still having plenty of space to your self.
28. Bathroom Star Lights – These star lights will make your bathroom feel like you’re walking on the moon. They’ll brighten up your house, but also give you something to talk about.
29. Beachy Bathroom – Turn your bathroom into a beautiful beach front room with the different colored tiles and decorations. All your missing is the sand in every single crevice.
30. Overflow Bathtub With A Fireplace – This tub overflows giving you a comforting feeling, while relaxing next to a nice warm fire. Once again, I would never get anything done.
31. Glass Floor – This glass floor reveals what looks like the bottom of a lake in the middle of the mountains. Of course this lake hasn’t been touched by anyone and is very clean, but it’s a small slice of paradise in your very own house.
32. Built In Dish Rack – This bamboo dish rack allows you to dry your dishes without getting out a bulky dish rack. It’s built in and also would look great in most spaces.
33. Glitter Staircase – If you are fabulous, you’ll love this staircase. It would look great too if you have stairs where the sun shines in and hits them just perfectly.
34. Hidden Room – Just lift up the door and you will find a hidden room underneath these stairs. It’d be great for a mud room where your kids leave their shoes and backpacks.
35. Slide Inside The House – Any person who is still a kid at heart understands how awesome this would be in any house. Plus you’d wear yourself and your kids out by going down it all day, making it so everyone sleeps soundly at night. It’s a win-win.
36. Water Slide – Here is another one where I’ll have to win the lottery in order to enjoy, but this looks absolutely amazing. Your friends would always want to BBQ at your house just because of this awesome slide.
Seriously, why am I not a billionaire? I would have the coolest house EVER! But I guess that is the case with most people who have endless amounts of money. Luckily some of these are definitely doable, like the built-in dish rack or the staircase bridge. You don’t need to be rich, just have to be creative with your time and money. Which one of these home must-haves was your favorite?