When was the last time you sat down to read a good book? For me, I recently started to read paperback books again about 6 months ago and the change in my mental processing has been noticeable and very beneficial. Let’s face it, reading a book is something that is becoming more and more rare because of the amount of information we are bombarded with every single day. We have so much advertisement and media thrown at us every second for a click, a like or a comment. This has made a serious impact the number of people who still sit down to read a good book be it fiction or non-fiction. I recently came across an article showcasing some hand-made creations that will suck you right into a world of imagination. They are inspired by legendary books and stories and provide a glimpse into a story which will hopefully help more people pick up a good read and exercise their imaginations.
The 32 below examples are 3-D works of art that are installed in libraries and book stores. They are motion activated and actually light up when you pass them. They are small but full of wonder. Take a look at these incredible art installations below.
1. ‘Another One’ By Peter Söderlund
2. Booknook Design In Process.
3. Japanese Style Booknook – Jods
4. A Booknook Inspired By Les Miserables
5. Dr. Lloyd Kranio Bookshelf Monster
6. 3D Printed Dungeon Booknook.
7. Old Alley Booknook.
8. Booknook based on Open Source Model
9. Another Old English Alley
10. The Creature From The Black Lagoon
11. A Harry Potter Themed Booknook.
12. A Fairy Door In The Forest!
13. A Peek Into Amsterdam.
14. A beautiful Fantasyland Lies Within.
15. Japanese Alley
16. Dare You Enter The Doors Of Durin And Face The Long Dark Of Moria?
17. A Series Of Booknooks Ready To Be Placed In Unsuspecting Corners.
18. Small Alley Of Imagination.
19. Diagon Alley Inspired Booknook.
20. Star Wars Themed Booknook.
21. Warhammer Booknook.
22. An Incredibly Detailed Passage To Imagination
23. An American Werewolf In A Bookshelf.
24. An Evil Witch Is Watching
25. Old Italy Booknook.
26. Diagon Alley From Harry Potter
27. Endor Inspired Booknook.
28. A Library Within A Library.
29. An Alley Made Entirely Of Wood Booknook
30. Blade Runner Inspired Booknook.
31. A Magical Bookshop In A Bookshelf.
32. A Simple Booknook Of Everyday Living.
These “Booknooks” are a must have on any bookshelf. They inspire the imagination faster than the title of a good book and might just motivate you to pick up a book to sit down and escape from the reality you deal with every day. These booknooks are designed to inspire creativity and they do just that. My favorite ones are the outdoor scenes. I would love to see more and possibly come up with my own!