With so much going on in our day-to-day lives, it’s nice when we can do things to simplify it somewhat. Here is a list of 30 simple DIY upgrades that are relatively easy to do to make your home more awesome, plus make your life much simpler.
1. Add a sun tunnel to rooms for more sunlight (and to save money on your electric bill).
2. Install dutch doors so you can watch your kids without baby gates
3. Save space with collapsible drying racks.
4. Add a shelf to a long hallway for extra storage.
5. Fake drawers are a great spot for extra outlets.
6. Make that un-used space functional.
7. Put heat sensitive tiles in your shower.
8. Build a free library for your neighbors.
9. Add a half table to your bathroom for extra storage space
10. Add outlets to your drawers to keep the clutter of the counters.
11. Build drawers in the wasted space between studs in the wall.
12. Stools on hinges saves room in the kitchen.
13. Use a slide away step in your bathroom instead of a step stool.
14. Use kitchen drawers as cutting boards that you can hide.
15. Hide away appliances behind sliding doors.
16. Make your porch lights fancy with a chandelier.
17. Add a simple window seat to the landing of your staircase.
18. Put a sign on your bathroom so guests know where it is.
19. Replace your old house numbers with modern fonts.
20. Add a small cabinet to extra space in the kitchen for cleaning supply storage.
21. Use Murphy beds instead of bunk beds.
22. Open a small tunnel to connect two rooms.
23. Use slide out drawers in the home for spices and pantry items.
24. Replace your old shower head with this one.
25. Install your outlets underneath your cabinets so you don’t ruin your back splash.
26. Use recessed outlets so you can put your furniture against the wall.
27. Decorate your foundation of your home.
28. Use stainless steel contact paper to make your appliances look more expensive.
29. If your garage is adjacent to your kitchen, add a little door to make unloading groceries easier.
30. Buy a toilet seat so that you can have your own tab.
Most of these project are so easy to do. I’ve actually already done several of them in my home.