It seems the more advanced our world gets with technology the more poorly people use punctuation. My favorite is when people use incorrect grammar to correct someone else with poor grammar. And yes, I will have someone edit this post before it’s published to make sure my grammar is up to par so I don’t get attacked by the grammar police. Young kids nowadays don’t seem to realize that correct grammar really is important. Here are some examples as to why that is:
1. I really don’t know if I would want to try boy syrup on my pancakes.
2. To borrow a phrase from Inigo Montoya to Vizzini: “You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”
3. I don’t know ANYONE who loves her period.
4. I really don’t think grandpa wants you to eat him.
5. I must be below average because I am North American and I have NEVER eaten a single African, let alone 400 Africans.
6. I’m not sure I would want to eat at a “clean” restaurant, seems sketchy. I bet the person who designed this flyer didn’t read it out loud with air quotes before printing it.
7. If only he used spell check before replying. What you claim you don’t know, can’t hurt you.
8. Correct grammar can make the difference with everything.
9. Someone needs to save that dog from Rachael Ray and check on her family!
10. You need a very specific set of prerequisites in order to use this toilet. You really don’t see a lot of disabled elderly pregnant children shopping enough to require that they have their own toilet reserved for them.
11. Why would you buy a new nose from a deceased man?
12. At least it’s not all bad. The $50 you find can go towards the impound fees.
13. Hunting pedestrians who are using the walk trails is a dangerous sport. Caution is highly recommended! To the pedestrians, I would suggest NOT using these walking trails since you will be hunted.
14. Thank you for the warning! I would definitely not want to run into a slow kid without shoulders on this dead end.
15. I know I can’t eat diarrhea. I want to vomit just thinking about it. Does that mean I need to see a doctor?
16. Except this tattoo and your regret for a misplaced apostrophe.
17. I would avoid visiting this person for at least 2 hours.
18. No additives, preservatives, or processed foods is admiral, but eating your parents in a vegetable soup is frowned upon.
19. Please don’t stop for her! That is an awful thing to do!
20. I’m not sure why people shouldn’t wear black or why they can’t wear black people. Both look pretty good.
21. Personally I prefer pork bacon, but to each their own.
22. Why would you take a temperature of your sh**? And something must be wrong if it’s that high. They should see a doctor immediately (and maybe a psychiatrist).
23. He can’t claim Amy didn’t warn him.
24. And I thought my job was particular about what I need to work on each day.
25. Those poor children.
26. I really don’t think I would eat at this restaurant. I wonder if it too is “clean”.
27. I really don’t think I would loiter around a table where customers were being consumed. I would run away.
28. Sure, they’re still wearable.
29. I agree, Iris. That is exactly what most people will read when they see this post. Sandeep plans to eat a LOT of poop over the next 4 days.
Yes, the grammar police on social media can be annoying. However, instead of looking at them as the problem, we should learn from them instead. They are trying to help the world be a little less stupid in this modern age of technology, and for that, I thank them!