Motherhood is exhausting, joyous, extremely demanding, and one of the most intimate challenges in life. The role of being ‘mom’ is irreplaceable, each day awaits a whole new set of learning and growing for both you and your child. Even the most seasoned of parents can’t quite explain what raising a kid is like, the whole experience is so seemingly unique and uncharted. That being said, there are certainly many scenarios that are just unavoidable when raising a child, experiences so strangely familiar to all parents alike. If you are a parent, you will definitely relate to these 30 comics perfectly illustrated by Artist Paula Kuka.
1. It feels like you’ve won the lottery if the baby holds still for more than three seconds while changing a diaper.
2. They always need you the moment you step away.
3. At home, there is rarely time for privacy.
4. They always have their eyes on you.
5. Some of your most intimate moments might just be on the toilet!
6. Occasional breaks are much needed,
7. But the moment you step away they will never leave your mind.
8. Some people are quick to judge you, rarely considering the whole picture.
9. In your children’s eyes you have an infinite carrying capacity.
10. And for whatever reason, there always seems to be conflicting assumptions about each parent.
11. Kids are pure spirited, nearly blind to effort and driven by curiosity.
12. And they will eat anything other than what you try feeding them.
13. The baby can be great excuse for something you are reluctant to do.
14. It would be too convenient if your sleep schedules were aligned.
15. And the cycle is never-ending.
16. There is no right answer to your problems. Sometimes you just need to complain!
17. Occasionally, the truth is just not worth the explanation…
18. The simplest things feel like the greatest accomplishments.
19. You want your kid to be normal, but then you remember that variety is the spice of life.
20. Only after raising your first baby do you know how tough they actually are.
21. Grandparents are much more spoiling than they were as parents.
22. Maternity clothes quickly turn into an everyday outfit.
23. You are perfect in your child’s eyes.
24. Parenting certainly requires a lot of energy, no-effort games are a win.
25. Between a wiggling baby and tangled straps, an extra set of arms would be put to good use.
26. Babies and Christmas trees are a recipe for disaster!
27. You think it will be easier once they can talk, but that sometimes just complicates things more.
28. One day a switch will flip and they no longer want you by their side when falling asleep.
29. Considering how selfless raising a child is, it’s alright to be a little bit selfish!