Body art has been a means of expression for humans for thousands of years. The first recorded pieces of preserved skin with tattoos on them come from 4,000 B.C. That alone should tell you that tattooing has become an embedded part of our society. Tattoos are a different form of art from almost any other. It is a permanent (unless you pay for painful removal) piece of art that you carry around with you 24/7. It takes quite a bit of commitment to get one, knowing full well that this will be a representation of you for your whole life. So it’s definitely a good idea to always take your time in deciding what you’re going to have done. Having a good artist is such a crucial aspect of the perfect tattoo. A good artist can take a simple idea, and transform it into something that really comes to life. These tattoo artist take this to heart, and create amazing pieces of art that can make you do a double take.
1. This is a very unique take on a flower. I love the creativity involved in it.
2. This is incredible detail. It’s a very interesting choice of picture however.
3. I honestly can’t tell if the tattoo is actually wet, or if that is part of the tattoo.
4. One wrong move and this whole thing would have been screwed up.
5. You really hope this guy was in the Air Force.
6. If this guy’s nickname wasn’t “Big Cat” before this, it definitely is now.
7. I never thought Big Ben the clock tower would be a cool tattoo until now.
8. These massive skull back pieces are becoming more and more popular.
9. Mixing Marvel and DC.
10. This looks very abstract, but also very cool.
11. Clocks seem to be gaining popularity as a tattoo as well.
13. I love the tattoo, it looks like it was done with a pencil.
14. This gives me the creeps, it’s like she’s staring into my soul.
15. Strange, but kind of realistic.
16. I would love to get a full back piece, but that’s a lot of time, money and pain.
17. This is a very cool concept. I love the look of the eye combined with the clock. When I look at it, I kind of see the message being that “time sees all.”
18. Warrior vikings are always a good tattoo choice.
19. The vibrant colors really make this piece really stand out from a lot of the other ones on this list.
20. I may not understand the meaning behind this one, but it is still beautiful.
21. That may not be where his heart actually is, but that owl is cool enough that I will let it slide.
22. You have to wonder what inspired this tattoo. I would love to know the back story behind it.
23. A beautiful depiction of one of the most iconic images in American history.
24. This is incredible. I would love to meet the person capable of creating such an intricate design.
25. I feel like this girl is going to walk right out of this picture. Is anyone else getting a sort of The Ring vibe from this?
26. Simple, but beautiful.
27. I love space tattoos, and ones where it looks like skin is being torn away. This combines both of them. Awesome.
28. Ripley from Aliens is always a winner.
29. Philosophy and geometry collide in this epic back piece.
30. This is pretty awesome.
Tattoos are looked down on by many in society. They are gaining more widespread acceptance, but many people are still judged for having them. It makes me angry when people can’t see that there is no difference between a piece of art hanging in a gallery, and a piece of art that is permanently put on someone’s skin. They are both expressions of an artist, and with tattoos they are even an expression of the person who is the canvas.