Google Earth is one of the most innovative tools that have been introduced to us in our generation in recent years. The amazing mapping and imaging technology Google has created allows us to explore the entire world all from the tips of our fingertips. We are able to explore otherwise unreachable areas of the globe, places we have always wanted to visit but may never get the opportunity to see. We can sleuth through neighborhoods to see what’s going on with our community. We can check water levels and ecosystems around the earth. We can even plan out escape routes if we ever decide to rob a bank using Google Earth. Well the thing is, we never really know when Google Earth cameras are snapping pictures so there is a heavy possibility of being caught doing something we would rather go unnoticed. Well the cameras don’t lie and they have provided some serious entertainment for our viewing pleasure. Take a look at these 27 crazy things that Google Earth has captured.
1. Is This A Possible Murder Scene?
2. Airplane Boneyard 32 08’59.96″ N, 110 50’09.03″W Tucson, Arizona
3. Mysterious Desert Pattern 27°22’50.10″N, 33°37’54.62″E Red Sea Governorate, Egypt
4. A Swastika-Shaped Building 32°40’34.19″N 117° 9’27.58″W Coronado, California, USA
5. Buffalo Herd 4°17’21.49″ S 31°23’46.46″ E Kigosi Game Reserve, Tanzania
6. Giant Triangle 33.747252, -112.633853 Wittmann, Arizona, USA
7. Shipwrecked SS Ayrfield with Trees -33.836379, 151.080506 Homebush Bay, Sydney, Australia
8. The Badlands Guardian 50° 0’38.20″N 110° 6’48.32″W Walsh, Alberta, Canada
9. Firefox Logo 45° 7’25.87″N 123° 6’48.97″W Dayton, Oregon, USA
10. Guitar-Shaped Forest -33.867886, -63.987 Córdoba, Argentina
11. Heart-Shaped Lake 41.303921, -81.901693 Columbia Station, Ohio, USA
12. Giant Target In The Desert 37.563936, -116.85123 Nevada, USA
13. World’s Biggest Pool -33.350534, -71.653268 Algarrobo, Valparaíso, Chile.
14. Jesus Loves You 43.645074, -115.993081 Boise National Forest, Boise, Idaho, USA
15. Lion King 51.848637, -0.55462 Dunstable LU6 2LD, UK
16. Turkish Flag 35.282902, 33.376891 Kyrenia, Cyprus
17. Potash Ponds 38°29’0.16″N 109°40’52.80″W Moab, Utah, USA
18. Another Mysterious Pattern In Nevada 37.629562, -116.849556 Nevada, USA
19. Random Coca Cola Logo -18.529211, -70.249941 Arica, Arica y Parinacota, Chile
20. And Even Another Strange Symbol In Nevada (I’m noticing a pattern) 37.401573, -116.867808 Nevada, USA
21. A Penis Building 41.84201, -89.485937 Dixon, Illinois, USA
22. Shipwreck 30.541634, 47.825445 Basrah, Iraq
23. Random Multiple Landing Strips in the Desert. Guess Where? Yes, The Southwest Again. 32.663367, -111.487618 Eloy, Arizona, USA
24. Mattel Logo 33.921277, -118.391674 El Segundo, California
25. UTA Flight 772 Desert Memorial 16.864841, 11.953808 Sahara Desert, southern Ténéré of Niger.
26. Barringer Meteor Crater 35.027185, -111.022388 Winslow, Arizona
27. Hippo Pool 6°53’53.00″ S 31°11’15.40″ E Katavi National Park, Tanzania
All images found on Google Earth.
From all of the weird and unusual ones in Nevada to the possible murder scene, you can find just about anything on Google Earth. I wonder how many lost treasures or hidden places are still waiting to be discovered when there is probably a picture of them somewhere on Google Earth just waiting to be seen. Technology sure is amazing these days and I cannot wait to see what the future holds. It’s pretty crazy to think that these images were taken from little satellites orbiting the globe, high up in space.
Which one was the craziest to you?