I am always on the lookout for things that make my life easier. What’s even better is when those things are easy to do and involve things that can be found around my house and easily implemented. The absolute best is when I see my husband struggling with something and I show him one of the life hacks, making his task easier with one of the life hacks that I learned online. And yes, I act like I came up with these amazing tricks myself, impressing him with my brilliance! If you are like me and appreciate working smarter and not harder, here are 25 creative life tips that will definitely add ease to your life.
1. I hate when my shirts slide of the hanger. And even when you have hangers with those little catches built in, my shirt will still slide off, and wind up on the closet floor. But using a rubber band around the end of a hanger will help grip your shirts so they stay on the hanger.
2. Drinking water is extremely important, and yet many people don’t drink nearly the amount that they should. Ideally you need to drink half your weight in ounces of water every day, but if you can’t do that, then at least drink two glasses a day as a start.
3. Keeping an old phone handy for emergency situations is always a great idea. That way, no matter what, you can always get help even if you don’t have your active phone available.
4. Oreo cereal. Personally, I like the life hack where you stick the fork in the filling of the Oreo and use it to dunk one at a time without submerging your fingers. but this will work if you only have spoons instead of a fork.
5. This is good to know, so eat lots of cherries. And another hack I learned which helps remove the pits is to put them on a bottle and impale the cherry with a straw which pushes the pit out. You can de-pit tons of cherries quickly, allowing you to get more antioxidants faster.
6. Also sex can help cure a headache. Now you can’t use that excuse next time you’re not in the mood.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar has a ton of health benefits. It not only helps with arthritis, but it can also increase your metabolism as well!
8. So smart and so simple. Having a designated place to hang your keys definitely helps save time searching for them. And this way you don’t even have to have great aim to hang them up.
9. I heard of rinsing your bacon first but I hadn’t known about cooking your bacon in the oven. I hate cooking bacon on the stove top because it is so messy and takes forever. The first time I saw this was on TV and Bobby Flay was using the technique, so it must be good.
10. I don’t drink, but this looks so good and refreshing. This could be dangerous. And I don’t even like watermelon but I imagine that it is a great vessel for soaking up the tequila.
11. My husband works nights every other month and occasionally I get a little freaked out being home at night without him. This is a great product to add a little more peace of mind.
12. I love this idea. I need to buy these because I’m constantly losing either my phone or my keys. And my phone is generally on vibrate so calling it doesn’t do much good. However, this isn’t ideal if you are prone to losing both your keys and phone at the same time.
13. I’m not one to freak out when a bee lands on me and I think your energy has a lot to do with how a bee reacts. Having a game plan to blow on it can help reduce your gut instinct to swat it away which in turn lowers the likelihood that it will sting you.
14. This is so smart. I wish I had known this trick years ago. However, now that I’m a stay at home mom I really won’t use it as often. I don’t have THAT many kids.
15. It’s a proven fact that cat’s love laser lights (well, most cats), so you might as well use that love in your favor and have your cat turn off the lights by shining the laser light on the switch.
16. This is so much smarter than those little circular stickers that you place around the hole after it’s cut out.
17. No need to spend thousands of dollars on cough syrups that don’t work. Simply get in your pantry and use the honey that is found there. And the best part is that honey doesn’t expire. If it’s crystallized you can heat it up in a pan of water on the stove top and it will be as good as new.
18. I just cut myself on an open razor that was sitting at the bottom of my travel bag the other day. By the looks of the band-aid clad finger holding the razor, this person discovered the hack a little too late as well. This is the perfect travel hack.
19. I wonder if this just prevents new spiders and mice from coming in or if it can convince spiders and mice to leave as well. I doubt it, even though it would be nice if peppermint oil caused a mass exodus.
20. I have heard this before, and yet I still order my tickets as soon as I know I need them because I stress until they are secured. It would suck if you couldn’t get a flight on the day you need because you waited to book it.
21. I actually found that open razor in my bag while digging for a hair-tie. This could have saved me as well as the binder clip trick.
22. I have also used cups to keep my toothbrush from touching counter tops, however my husband insists on leaving them in the travel cases and put away, because of the proximity of hotel sinks to flushing toilets, not a good combo.
23. I never would have thought to do this, but I’m sure it would make anyone feel better. I doubt someone who is intent on causing trouble would pursue someone who sounds like a cop.
24. I actually refuse to eat tacos because the filling spills everywhere when you bite the shell. I’m going to have to try this.
25. There’s nothing worse than putting on your favorite zip-up hoodie and having the zipper get suck. It can ruin a perfectly good night out if you need to switch outer apparel. But that headache will be a thing of the past from now on!
Now that we all learned something new, or several new things in my case, I am prepared to impress those around me with my new tricks. Even if no one sees me doing them, I will be able to impress myself with my ability to remember what I learned today and incorporate it into my life.