Everyone knows that dealing with TSA is probably the most frustrating part of being at the airport. While we acknowledge that the security measures we are going through are there to keep us safe, some of the TSA agents themselves seem less than qualified to provide any sort of security for me. I would absolutely trust my own skill and instincts in trying to survive or defuse a situation at the airport more than most TSA agents. That isn’t to say their job is not important or needed however. You hear all the time about people trying to bring guns or knives through airport security, and them being apprehended. They definitely provide some level of security, which is better than nothing. TSA does deal with a lot of people who try to bring things through security that have no business on an airplane. These 25 items are the craziest things that people have ever tried to bring through TSA. Some of these will leave you saying, “What the hell were they thinking?”.
1. These are military grade flares that were confiscated in the Norfolk International Airport.
2. Someone thought stuffing these snakes in their pants was a brilliant idea at Miami International Airport.
3. I love a good axe as much as the next guy, but they don’t belong in a carry on bag at the Baltimore Airport where these were found.
4. Security wasn’t even sure what this thing was, but they definitely couldn’t let it go through the Thurgood Marshall International Airport.
5. After sneaking into his owners suitcase while she was packing, this Chihuahua was found at La Guardia Airport in New York.
6. A tourist tried to bring a pot she had just bought through the Fort Lauderdale International Airport when security noticed something weird inside. Turns out it was a human skull. The tourist did not know the skull was inside.
7. Someone tried to smuggle this centuries old cannon barrel out of Hawaii, but were caught at the Kahului Airport.
8. Live eels were found in a checked bag at Miami International Airport.
9. Probably one of the more ridiculous ones on here, a women tried to smuggle these two birds at the Los Angeles Airport by wrapping them in socks and taping them to her chest…..
10. Now I don’t know how you would think this was ever going to work. Someone tried to smuggle this used anti-tank rocket launcher through the Arnold Palmer Regional Airport in Pennsylvania.
11. This sickle had to be seized at the Newark International Airport.
12. This avalanche charge (used for starting avalanches) was found at the Anchorage International Airport.
13. So I don’t know why you would have one of these on you unless you were an international ninja assassin, but a ninja star was confiscated at Lost Angeles Airport.
14. Once again, I don’t know why you would ever need these, but a set of throwing knives was found in a carry on bag in Chicago O’Hare International Airport.
15. People like to take things to the next level in Vegas, so that’s why I’m not surprised this live purple smoke grenade was found in a check on bag at Las Vegas McCarran International Airport.
16. These bullet belts were found in a carry on bag in the Richmond International Airport.
17. These grenades were confiscated at the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.
18. This would be cause for major alarm! Security confiscated this suicide bomber vest at the Indianapolis International Airport. Luckily it was a dummy rig that belonged to an explosives instructor.
19. This medieval mace was confiscated at Chicago O’Hare International Airport. I’m wondering if some of these people should even own these things.
20. Someone tried to bring a mortar round through El Paso International Airport.
21. This one was at least trying to be hidden. This is a stun gun disguised as lipstick that was confiscated Chicago Midway International Airport.
22. These are finger spikes. I’ve actually never seen these things before. The spikes and the wrist holder were taken at Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport.
23. A cane knife was confiscated at Bradley International Airport.
24. I can see why you would need these batarangs. These were seized at the Buffalo Niagara International Airport.
25. This is an inert claymore landmine that was found in a carry on at Las Vegas McCarran International Airport.
It really is astonishing some of the things people will try to get on an airplane. What possible reason could you have for trying to get on an airplane with live eels? It really is mind-boggling. TSA gets a bad rap a lot of the time, and it can be very justified. There have been many instances where they have handled situations in the worst way possible, and just as many incidents where it is shown that they completely failed to do their job. People who try to bring things like this one planes however really need to have themselves checked out. A ban from air travel might also be in order.